This week’s Swamp Thing Winter Special #1 has already sold out at DC Comics through Diamond Comic Distributors.
And now, a new, second printing of this Prestige Format Special is on the way, reprinting the stories by the teams of writer Tom King and artist Jason Fabok and the late writer Len Wein and artist Kelley Jones.
The new printing will feature the cover below by Fabok, but with a new trade dress in the style of a 1970s Swamp Thing comic.
Swamp Thing Winter Special #1 Second Printing will be published on March 21st for $7.99.
SWAMP THING WINTER SPECIAL #1
(W) Tom King, Len Wein (A) Kelley Jones (A/CA) Jason Fabok
Tom King and Jason Fabok pay tribute to the legendary creators of Swamp Thing, writer Len Wein and artist Bernie Wrightson, as they join forces for an earth-shattering Swamp Thing passion project!
In this new, squarebound one-shot, Swamp Thing is out of his element as he shepherds a lost boy through a blinding blizzard and other hazards of a strange, frozen tundra. In this touching and harrowing tale of survival, the pair must navigate countless threats throughout a bewildering terrain-with a bloodthirsty snow monster hot on their heels. But how long can they rely on each other? Separated from the Green and stripped of his powers in this dead world, Swamp Thing struggles to fight for their lives and deliver the boy to safety. Disoriented and decaying, Swamp Thing’s fading understanding of his surroundings forces the duo to confront their desperation and uncover the true identity of the snow monster that hunts them.
In addition, this special features the final Swamp Thing story from the monster’s co-creator, Len Wein. Originally intended as the start of a new series, it is presented here both in its original script form and with art by Kelley Jones.
- Doomsday Clock Wave of Figures Coming From DC Collectibles
- The Finest Comic Book Ever Published Is Back in Print: Shane Simmons’s Longshot Comics - June 19, 2018
- Donny Cates Introduces Juggerduck to Cosmic Ghost Rider – #WhoGetsWarped? - June 19, 2018
- Ryan Sands, Star of Runaways TV Series, Now Draws for the Runaways Comic - June 19, 2018
- Jeff Parker to Tell the Official World War II Origin of James Bond - June 19, 2018
- IDW’s Batman vs. Maxx and Star Trek vs. Transformers in September 2018 - June 19, 2018