According to Nintendo France, EA is “satisfied” with the sales performance of FIFA 18 on the Nintendo Switch. Nintendo also teased further announcements to come in that vein.
Talking to French outlet Les Numeriques, Philippe Lavoué, general manager of Nintendo France, said that FIFA 18 on the Switch was a “test match” for EA, which is satisfied with the result. This indicates we may see several more EA titles, particularly their sports titles, make the jump to everyone’s favorite hybrid console.
FIFA 18 has sold 73,000 physical units in France, and Lavoué expects the game to sell twice that amount with the upcoming World Cup in Russia. As World Cup games often tend to increase sales of FIFA thanks to the name recognition and general zeitgeist. The more of the World Cup you watch, the more likely you are to decide to pick up FIFA, after all.
Ubisoft and Konami are other third party publishers who are reportedly happy with the performance of their titles on the console.
FIFA 18 was released for Nintendo Switch last year, alongside the PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One versions, and was custom built for the platform, rather than a port. However, the Switch version didn’t as many features as the PC and other console versions.
- Several Companies Already on Board for Gamescom
- Subsurface Circular Set for a Nintendo Switch Release in March
- A Gamer’s Review of Tomb Raider: Far Too Much a Retelling Than an Adaptation - March 18, 2018
- Call of Duty: WWII Adds an Updated Modern Warfare Map to Multiplayer - March 18, 2018
- Funimation Wants Goku to Join the Cast of Super Smash Bros. on the Switch - March 18, 2018
- Nike is Sponsoring the Next Splatoon 2 Splatfest, Which Means Splatoon Sneakers - March 18, 2018
- Rumor: Sega is Considering Making a Sequel to Yakuza 0 - March 18, 2018