A report has hit claiming that a Spyro Trilogy Remaster is in the works and it will launch later this year on PlayStation 4.
Crash Bandicoot set the world on fire a little last year. Proving there were still jorts covered legs in the franchise, Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy went on to tear up the charts. It sold ludicrously well, proving there is a market for nostalgia around 3D Platformers games.
Well, if this new report is to be believed, Activision isn’t waiting around to dip into that well again. According to Kotaku UK, they’ve heard from sources that a Spyro Trilogy Remaster is on the way. Spyro the Dragon, Spyro 2: Ripto’s Rage and Spyro: Year of the Dragon will all see work with new assets, animations and save systems, all being handled by N.Sane Trilogy‘s Vicarious Visions. The report says the collection will be announced next month and is aiming for a September release, the 20th anniversary of the original game.
It’s also stated that the game will have a year-long exclusivity on the PlayStation 4, as Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy is expected to have.
Of course, nothing here is confirmed so take it with a pinch of salt. While Kotaku have a great record on these kinds of stories, it’s not official until it’s official. This all makes sense though considering how well Crash did last year. I have a feeling Spyro will stir up similar emotions in an audience. I personally think they better games than one bandicoot’s too, so it would be exciting to see how it comes together.
- Quake Champions Extends its Free-to-Play Period Another Week - June 19, 2018
- Epic Games Removing Exploit that Allowed Players to Unintentionally Create a Swastika - June 19, 2018
- AJ Styles is the WWE 2K19 Cover Star - June 19, 2018
- Fallout 76’s Beta is Coming to Xbox One First - June 19, 2018
- EA is Talking About Cross-Play for FIFA, Says Creative Director - June 18, 2018