A report has hit claiming that a Spyro Trilogy Remaster is in the works and it will launch later this year on PlayStation 4.
Crash Bandicoot set the world on fire a little last year. Proving there were still jorts covered legs in the franchise, Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy went on to tear up the charts. It sold ludicrously well, proving there is a market for nostalgia around 3D Platformers games.
Well, if this new report is to be believed, Activision isn’t waiting around to dip into that well again. According to Kotaku UK, they’ve heard from sources that a Spyro Trilogy Remaster is on the way. Spyro the Dragon, Spyro 2: Ripto’s Rage and Spyro: Year of the Dragon will all see work with new assets, animations and save systems, all being handled by N.Sane Trilogy‘s Vicarious Visions. The report says the collection will be announced next month and is aiming for a September release, the 20th anniversary of the original game.
It’s also stated that the game will have a year-long exclusivity on the PlayStation 4, as Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy is expected to have.
Of course, nothing here is confirmed so take it with a pinch of salt. While Kotaku have a great record on these kinds of stories, it’s not official until it’s official. This all makes sense though considering how well Crash did last year. I have a feeling Spyro will stir up similar emotions in an audience. I personally think they better games than one bandicoot’s too, so it would be exciting to see how it comes together.
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy Gets a Soundtrack from Stewart Copeland of The Police
- Dataminers Found A Spyro Demo On The Latest Crash Bandicoot Game
- Nike has Endorsed its First Esports Player - October 22, 2018
- Conan Exiles and Halo Wars 2 are Free to Play This Weekend on Xbox Live - October 19, 2018
- Hitman is Getting a Halloween Event Today - October 19, 2018
- Developer Says The Division 2 Can’t Be Openly Political - October 18, 2018
- PUBG Looks to be Bringing Halloween Content to the Game - October 17, 2018