No, it’s not a star-studded reboot of the cooking show on the Food Network, though, to be fair, we would totally watch these two beat Bobby Flay. Rather, The Kitchen is the upcoming New Line Cinema adaptation of the Vertigo comic book by Ollie Masters, Ming Doyle, and Jordie Bellaire.
Previously, Tiffany Haddish was cast in the movie. Straight Outta Compton screenwriter Andrea Berloff will make her directorial debut with the movie. Now, schedule-obsessed Hollywood gossip rag Deadline reports that Melissa McCarthy has joined the cast.
Here’s the synopsis of the comic book:
New York City, late 1970s. Times Square is a haven for sex and drugs. The city teeters on the verge of bankruptcy, while blackouts can strike at any moment. This is the world of THE KITCHEN.
The Irish gangs of Hell’s Kitchen rule the neighborhood, bringing terror to the streets and doing the dirty work for the Italian Mafia. Jimmy Brennan and his crew were the hardest bastards in the Kitchen, but after they’re all put in prison, their wives-Kath, Raven and Angie-decide to keep running their rackets. And once they get a taste of the fast life and easy money, it won’t be easy to stop.
No release date yet, and the movie still needs to cast a third lead. We’ll let you know when we learn more.
- Adventure Time Lives On Comic Form in First Look at Season 11 #2 - October 18, 2018
- It’s Time to Admit There Isn’t a Snyder Cut of Justice League… Because There’s 2 of Them - October 18, 2018
- Get Your First Look at The Great Wiz and the Ruckus Middle-Grade OGN - October 18, 2018
- Uncanny X-Men #1: A New Preview, and Writers’ Finals Words - October 18, 2018
- Earn Your Preview Badge With This First Look at Black Badge #4 - October 18, 2018