Footage of Tencent’s official PUBG game has hit, and what’s more, it actually looks surprisingly good all things considered.
A little while back, news came around that Tencent had gotten the rights to publish an official PUBG game specifically for mobile devices. There have been several unofficial attempts to cash in on the Battle Royale genre craze on mobile (most of which are terrible) but seeing a big company swoop in and try to put out a title for the platform that was officially licenced, now that’s an interesting prospect.
We now have footage of it in action. The game is out on Chinese servers and footage has been trickling out on YouTube and honestly, for a phone version of PUBG, it actually looks pretty impressive. It’s all recognisable, and the map seems mostly unchanged bar a few little details. If you have spent any time in the game, the Erangel locations are instantly familiar. You can see the game in action here from this footage shared by Daniel Ahmad (via VG247). Take a look:
See, it actually looks alright, if at least undeniably for mobile devices.
There are actually two PUBG games being made by Tencent. This one and a more arcadey version set to come later. It’s not clear if these will ever come to territories outside of China, but I wouldn’t hold my breath. That doesn’t usually seem to happen with these Chinese productions. Still, it’s interesting to see this just as something to be impressed at that exists.
- Report Says a Battle Royale Mode is Being Tested for the Next Battlefield - April 19, 2018
- Map Selection Being Added to PUBG Very Soon - April 19, 2018
- Overwatch’s New Rialto Map is Currently Live on the PTR - April 19, 2018
- Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Announced With Teaser Trailer - April 19, 2018
- Epic Games Says New Fortnite Maps Aren’t a Priority - April 18, 2018