Critics are already hailing Michael B. Jordan‘s portrayal of the antagonist Erik Killmonger. Fans were surprised when they saw scenes where Killmonger didn’t have a shirt on — his entire chest was covered in what looked like ritual scars. Cinema Blend asked Jordan how many scars were on his body, since each scar represents a person that Killmonger has killed.
“Ah man, it was something like… I wanna say it was something like maybe 2,200 or something. It was a few of them. We had a couple bets to figure out exactly how many was in there. But I can’t remember exactly, the number.”
How can one get that many kills under his belt? Well, that isn’t information Jordan is willing to share, but it will be addressed in the movie.
“He’s been killing for a long time. You get more information in the movie, but yeah, he’s been killing for a while.”
Marvel is often given a hard time about their villains, and not without merit. Jordan is an extremely talented actor, so maybe this is one of the times a MCU movie walks away with a truly compelling villain.
Summary: T’Challa, after the death of his father, the King of Wakanda, returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation to succeed to the throne and take his rightful place as king.
Black Panther, directed Ryan Coogler, stars Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, and Martin Freeman. It will be released on February 16th.
- Aquaman Director James Wan Was Given the Opportunity to Direct The Flash - December 16, 2018
- Amy Adams Clarifies That She Isn’t Officially out of the DC Universe - December 16, 2018
- From Spider-Ham to Sinister Six Sony Isn’t Ruling Anything out for Future Movies - December 14, 2018
- First Details for the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sequel and Spin-Off are Confirmed - December 14, 2018
- Jason Momoa Comments on Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck Reportedly Leaving the DC Universe - December 13, 2018