Comic book artist Ed Benes has talked about turning down work from DC Comics as he looks ahead to his future. He has very much been associated in the USA with DC Comics, including runs on Justice League of America, Superman, Birds Of Prey, Red Lanterns and Superman/Wonder Woman, with Green Lanterns for DC Rebirth. But what’s next?
He posted to Facebook:
Roughly translated as…
“DC is still my home but at the moment I feel the need to go out for a bit and look at other possibilities…”
“It’s true, DC offered me a comic, but for several reasons I had to refuse. This could mean a long wait for another offer, but I don’t intend to wait. I need to go back to a routine, but as I said before there is a list of characters I wish to draw before I retire and at this moment I have carte blanche to draw one of them.”
But for now, on social media at least, he is sticking to drawing DC characters.
- Filip Sablik and Ross Richie Address ComicsPRO on BOOM! Studios as a Premier Publisher at Diamond - February 23, 2018
- Publishing Dates for DC Zoom and DC Ink Titles Locked Down - February 23, 2018
- Dynamite Entertainment to Become a Premier Publisher at Diamond Comics (CONFIRMED) - February 23, 2018
- Russell T Davies and Steven Moffat to Adapt Own Doctor Who Episodes as Target Novelisations - February 23, 2018
- Return of Bruce Banner Hulk in Avengers #684 Tops Advance Reorders - February 23, 2018