Comic book artist Ed Benes has talked about turning down work from DC Comics as he looks ahead to his future. He has very much been associated in the USA with DC Comics, including runs on Justice League of America, Superman, Birds Of Prey, Red Lanterns and Superman/Wonder Woman, with Green Lanterns for DC Rebirth. But what’s next?
He posted to Facebook:
Roughly translated as…
“DC is still my home but at the moment I feel the need to go out for a bit and look at other possibilities…”
“It’s true, DC offered me a comic, but for several reasons I had to refuse. This could mean a long wait for another offer, but I don’t intend to wait. I need to go back to a routine, but as I said before there is a list of characters I wish to draw before I retire and at this moment I have carte blanche to draw one of them.”
But for now, on social media at least, he is sticking to drawing DC characters.
- More DC Comics Move From 20 to 22 Pages For $3.99 With Aquaman and Justice League Joining In - October 16, 2018
- Dan Slott Applies to Trademark a Comic Book Called ‘Future Me’ - October 16, 2018
- Details On The ‘King-Size’ Kirby Is Fantastic Hardcover From Marvel Comics – The First of Many - October 16, 2018
- Galactus Comes to the Fantastic Four in January - October 16, 2018
- Full Catalog For BOOM! Studios January 2019 Solicitations – Brings Buffy to the Yard With the Avant-Guards - October 16, 2018