Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher developer, CD Projekt RED, has come out and said they will be ‘participating’ at E3 this year.
A few weeks back, a story started doing the rounds, saying that Cyberpunk 2077 was going to be at E3 this year and be playable in some fashion. It was all rumour and reports though, meaning there was always some doubt as CD Projekt RED didn’t confirm anything. It definitely seems possible, but right now, we just have to play the waiting game.
However, there is an interesting new wrinkle which might support the game’s appearance. Gamespot noticed that CD Projekt RED was listed as one of the ‘participating companies’ for the trade show, sending a lot of thoughts a buzz. The developer has now confirmed it themselves they will be there, but as to what for, it seems very tight-lipped. Speaking to the company’s director of PR and global communication, they confirmed the appearance saying:
Yes, we’re on the list – i.e. https://www.e3expo.com/participating-companies. But there is no additional comment on that from us.
Now, to throw a little cold water on this, CD Projekt RED could be on the participating companies list merely because they will be at the show conducting business. A lot of that happens at E3 as companies meet up and talk about possible deals. Them being there obviously doesn’t 100% confirm new information for Cyberpunk 2077. Hell, they could be showing off more Gwent. That being said, it certainly does send the neurons running. The smoke to this story does seem like it might be growing, and hopefully, there is fire coming later this June.
- CD Projekt Red Admits To Not Liking Loot Boxes Themselves
- Blizzard Says Overwatch on the Nintendo Switch is Possible - August 17, 2018
- Dontnod Entertainment’s Vampyr Optioned for TV Series - August 17, 2018
- Hitman 2 Gets New Trailer Showing How to Change the World Around You - August 17, 2018
- EA Exec Patrick Söderlund is Leaving the Publishing Company - August 15, 2018
- Night Trap is Coming to Nintendo Switch Later This Month - August 15, 2018