In news that shocked the pro wrestling world and set the dirt sheets ablaze with gossip, WWE Hall-of-Famer and ordained Christian minister “The Million Dollar Man” Ted Dibiase revealed that he prefers the modern, family-friendly WWE over the raunchy late-’90s Attitude Era. It’s surprising to learn that DiBiase would be opposed to the style of sports entertainment prevalent during the Attitude Era, despite making those same critiques for more than ten years. The comments came during an incendiary interview with Sky Sports.
“Everybody’s talking about how it’s a PG programme now and I think that’s great. I was not a big fan of the Attitude Era,” DiBiase said, launching a thousand clickbait headlines. “Some of the things they did were very good and very funny but I was never a fan of the sleazy stuff.”
“I was telling someone not long ago that the No 1 attraction in our country in terms of entertainment is Disneyland, and that’s all family-friendly,” the Million Dollar Man continued. “I can’t tell you how many people came up to me and said they loved the show years ago but they couldn’t watch it with their own kids. That’s because of the sleaze and I couldn’t agree more. Nobody’s happier than I am that it’s PG.”
Truly shocking and newsworthy.
- In Goodbye Post for X-Men Red, Tom Taylor Says He Could Have Written Series for Years - December 12, 2018
- Marvel Unlimited Comes Into the Spider-Verse With Peter Porker: The Spectacular Spider-Ham - December 12, 2018
- Is Tom Taylor Planning to Kill the DC Universe? - December 12, 2018
- Mark Bagley and Chip Zdarsky Launch a Mini-Series Where Spider-Man Ages in Real Time - December 12, 2018
- That Time Bruce Wayne Teamed Up With Donald Trump… In Real Life?! - December 12, 2018