Superstar actor and presidential hopeful Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson needs to be paid $20 million for his upcoming movie Red Notice, and with the stock market taking such a hit lately (thanks, Trump!), that price is a little bit steep for one movie studio to handle alone. As a result, both Universal and Legendary have teamed up to grab the rights to Red Notice.
According to a report from THR, Red Notice was the subject of an intense bidding war with every studio vying for the rights. Director Rawson Marshall Thurber also needed $10 million, and the budget for the movie is expected to be $125-150 million. Universal and Legendary will collaborate in an unknown way, but the report claims that Universal will have more than just a distributor role.
The Rock will play an Interpol agent in the action comedy film. The movie will supposedly have a co-star who has not been named yet. May we make a suggestion?
- Stan Sakai Named Inaugural Joe Kubert Award Winner By Comic Con Revolution, Kubert School - May 20, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Cable #157, Continuity Porn Even a New Reader Can Enjoy - May 19, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Acanti Sky-Whales, Brood-Wolves, and Flying Brood-Sharks, Oh My, in Weapon H #3 - May 19, 2018
- X-ual Healing – A Heel Turn for Weapon X in Hunt for Wolverine: The Claws of a Killer #1 - May 19, 2018
- Hasbro Trademarks the Smell of Play-Doh - May 19, 2018