Dun dun dun dun dunnnn dun, dun dun dun dun dunnn dun, dun dun dun dun dun dunnnn dun dun! You have the power!
Sony’s Masters of the Universe reboot is in need of a new director, and it could be you! According to a report from spice-of-life-themed Hollywood trade paper Variety, David S. Goyer, who the studio really wanted to direct the film based on a screenplay he wrote for it, cannot direct due to other commitments. Though Goyer will remain on board to executive produce, that means Sony has to find someone else to direct the film, and they have to it fast! The movie is set for release on December 18, 2019.
Goyer, who wrote such cinematic wonders as Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, and both Ghost Rider movies, once called the Marvel Comics character She-Hulk a “big green porn star.” On the same podcast as the She-Hulk comments, Goyer additionally said that any fans who know who DC Comics character The Martian Manhunter is are virgins.
Clearly, Sony was already desperate, and they really need a franchise to compete with bloated megacorps like Disney and Warner Bros, and now they need to replace Goyer in time to make a tentpole blockbuster by next December. What we’re saying is, this is your chance! If you have any filmmaking experience at all, you should probably send your resume to Sony and let them know you’re available.
- BOOM! Announces ‘Beneath the Dark Crystal,’ Another Sequel to the Jim Henson Classic - March 23, 2018
- Nom Pratt is writing a Young Adult Novel Based on John Allison’s ‘Giant Days’ - March 23, 2018
- Derek Laufman’s RuinWorld Goes Kaboom! - March 23, 2018
- Remender and Bengal’s Death or Glory Gets a Racy Trailer - March 23, 2018
- WWE’s Ultimate Deletion Gets an Epilogue - March 23, 2018