Dun dun dun dun dunnnn dun, dun dun dun dun dunnn dun, dun dun dun dun dun dunnnn dun dun! You have the power!
Sony’s Masters of the Universe reboot is in need of a new director, and it could be you! According to a report from spice-of-life-themed Hollywood trade paper Variety, David S. Goyer, who the studio really wanted to direct the film based on a screenplay he wrote for it, cannot direct due to other commitments. Though Goyer will remain on board to executive produce, that means Sony has to find someone else to direct the film, and they have to it fast! The movie is set for release on December 18, 2019.
Goyer, who wrote such cinematic wonders as Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, and both Ghost Rider movies, once called the Marvel Comics character She-Hulk a “big green porn star.” On the same podcast as the She-Hulk comments, Goyer additionally said that any fans who know who DC Comics character The Martian Manhunter is are virgins.
Clearly, Sony was already desperate, and they really need a franchise to compete with bloated megacorps like Disney and Warner Bros, and now they need to replace Goyer in time to make a tentpole blockbuster by next December. What we’re saying is, this is your chance! If you have any filmmaking experience at all, you should probably send your resume to Sony and let them know you’re available.
- Adventure Time Lives On Comic Form in First Look at Season 11 #2 - October 18, 2018
- It’s Time to Admit There Isn’t a Snyder Cut of Justice League… Because There’s 2 of Them - October 18, 2018
- Get Your First Look at The Great Wiz and the Ruckus Middle-Grade OGN - October 18, 2018
- Uncanny X-Men #1: A New Preview, and Writers’ Finals Words - October 18, 2018
- Earn Your Preview Badge With This First Look at Black Badge #4 - October 18, 2018