Dark Horse is planning to publish a new comic book from writers Brian Wood (Briggs Land, Crossfit Newsletter) and Justin Giampaoli (DMZ, Starship Down) and artist Andrea Mutti (Rebels, Prometheus: Life and Death) that set in an alternate-history America where Romans visited the continent a thousand years before Christopher Columbus and helped set up a cooperative utopia with indigenous people. Well, technically, they’re publishing an old comic book, but for the first time in print! Rome West was originally published on attempted digital comics platform Stela. We’ve only got one thing to say about that…
The trade paperback collection of Rome West will be on sale July 4th. Here’s some more details from the press release:
When a lost armada of Roman soldiers arrives a thousand years before Columbus, they don’t seek to conquer and exterminate, but instead set up a cooperative society with the indigenous peoples that radically alters the timeline of the Americas… and the rest of the world.
Fans of history, alt-history, and politically-relevant stories will be fascinated at the depth of detail and classic ‘what-if’ narrative.
Originally published by Stela, Dark Horse is thrilled to bring this exciting new project to print for the first time.
- New Comic Publisher TKO Launches With Big Name Creators and Revolutionary Ambitions - December 10, 2018
- Barnes & Noble Gets a Retailer-Exclusive Edition of Mister Miracle - December 10, 2018
- Cyclops Goes Old School in #XMenMonday Sneak Peeks - December 10, 2018
- Another Year of Rick and Morty Presents One-Shots on the Way from Oni Press - December 10, 2018
- Best-Selling Author Gaby Dunn Makes Comics Debut with Claire Roe in Bury the Lede OGN - December 10, 2018