Dark Horse is planning to publish a new comic book from writers Brian Wood (Briggs Land, Crossfit Newsletter) and Justin Giampaoli (DMZ, Starship Down) and artist Andrea Mutti (Rebels, Prometheus: Life and Death) that set in an alternate-history America where Romans visited the continent a thousand years before Christopher Columbus and helped set up a cooperative utopia with indigenous people. Well, technically, they’re publishing an old comic book, but for the first time in print! Rome West was originally published on attempted digital comics platform Stela. We’ve only got one thing to say about that…
The trade paperback collection of Rome West will be on sale July 4th. Here’s some more details from the press release:
When a lost armada of Roman soldiers arrives a thousand years before Columbus, they don’t seek to conquer and exterminate, but instead set up a cooperative society with the indigenous peoples that radically alters the timeline of the Americas… and the rest of the world.
Fans of history, alt-history, and politically-relevant stories will be fascinated at the depth of detail and classic ‘what-if’ narrative.
Originally published by Stela, Dark Horse is thrilled to bring this exciting new project to print for the first time.
- Mark Millar Says DC Movies Fail Because the Characters Aren’t “Cinematic” - February 24, 2018
- In New Mini-Comic, Jughead Shows Archie How to Pre-Order Archie #29 Before FOC - February 24, 2018
- Hit-Girl #1 and Ice Cream Man #2 Get Second Printings - February 24, 2018
- Tenth Doctor Gets a Cover Collection from Titan in July - February 24, 2018
- Watch a Trailer for Peter Milligan and Colin Lorimer’s ‘The Prisoner’ Comic - February 24, 2018