Dark Horse is planning to publish a new comic book from writers Brian Wood (Briggs Land, Crossfit Newsletter) and Justin Giampaoli (DMZ, Starship Down) and artist Andrea Mutti (Rebels, Prometheus: Life and Death) that set in an alternate-history America where Romans visited the continent a thousand years before Christopher Columbus and helped set up a cooperative utopia with indigenous people. Well, technically, they’re publishing an old comic book, but for the first time in print! Rome West was originally published on attempted digital comics platform Stela. We’ve only got one thing to say about that…
The trade paperback collection of Rome West will be on sale July 4th. Here’s some more details from the press release:
When a lost armada of Roman soldiers arrives a thousand years before Columbus, they don’t seek to conquer and exterminate, but instead set up a cooperative society with the indigenous peoples that radically alters the timeline of the Americas… and the rest of the world.
Fans of history, alt-history, and politically-relevant stories will be fascinated at the depth of detail and classic ‘what-if’ narrative.
Originally published by Stela, Dark Horse is thrilled to bring this exciting new project to print for the first time.
- Joss Whedon Says Fox is Pulling the Buffy the Vampire Slayer License from Dark Horse - August 15, 2018
- Marvel Will Kill Off Old Man Logan in a 12-Part ‘Dead Man Logan’ Limited Series - August 15, 2018
- WWE’s Peyton Royce to Body-Shaming Dave Meltzer: “What Would You Have Me Do… Starve Myself?” - August 15, 2018
- Not a Single Foot Has Appeared on an Uncanny X-Men Relaunch Cover… The ’90s Are Back, Baby! - August 15, 2018
- Jason Howard Pays Tribute to Todd McFarlane with Cemetery Beach #1 Impact Variant - August 15, 2018