Tokyopop and IDW announced today an alliance to distribute Tokyopop’s titles to the world through IDW International. IDW international will manage Tokyopop’s catalog of more than 100 IPs for non-English language markets. In a press release, Tokyopop’s Stu Levy and IDW’s Greg Goldstein exchanged complimentary quotes, fulfilling the sacred ritual required to cement any business deal between two entertainment corporations.
“We’re excited to be working with IDW to bring TOKYOPOP titles to audiences worldwide,” said Levy. “Manga has become an international phenomenon and as an ever-evolving pioneer in the space, we’re thrilled to reach fans across the globe.”
“We couldn’t be more thrilled to welcome TOKYOPOP to our growing catalog of titles represented by IDW International abroad,” said IDW President and Publisher Greg Goldstein. “Our mission with IDW International has always been to be a worldwide content distributor and this cements that goal even further.”
Exciting stuff indeed.
- Even Spider-Man’s Spidey-Sense Can’t Predict the Shocking Revelations Coming Monday After SDCC #MarvelDeclassified - July 20, 2018
- Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger Renewed for 2nd Season at Freeform - July 20, 2018
- Watch the Star Trek Discovery Season 2 First Look Trailer from San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2018
- Amazon Drops Behind-the-Scenes Video from The Tick at San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2018
- Watch: Cast, Creators of ‘The Expanse’ Thank Fans for Saving the Series in Video Message - July 20, 2018