Tokyopop and IDW announced today an alliance to distribute Tokyopop’s titles to the world through IDW International. IDW international will manage Tokyopop’s catalog of more than 100 IPs for non-English language markets. In a press release, Tokyopop’s Stu Levy and IDW’s Greg Goldstein exchanged complimentary quotes, fulfilling the sacred ritual required to cement any business deal between two entertainment corporations.
“We’re excited to be working with IDW to bring TOKYOPOP titles to audiences worldwide,” said Levy. “Manga has become an international phenomenon and as an ever-evolving pioneer in the space, we’re thrilled to reach fans across the globe.”
“We couldn’t be more thrilled to welcome TOKYOPOP to our growing catalog of titles represented by IDW International abroad,” said IDW President and Publisher Greg Goldstein. “Our mission with IDW International has always been to be a worldwide content distributor and this cements that goal even further.”
Exciting stuff indeed.
- X-Men: Bland Design – The Generic Origin of Lydia Nance Revealed in X-Men Gold #22 - February 22, 2018
- It’s Superteens Vs. Crusaders in New Archie Mini-Series in June - February 22, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – All Good Things Must End, Like Generation X #87 - February 22, 2018
- Over the Garden Wall Returns with New OGN from Jonathan Case and Jim Campbell - February 22, 2018
- IDW’s Ted Adams Joins CBLDF Board of Directors - February 22, 2018