Dundee: The Son of a Legend Returns Home, the purported reboot of the classic 1980s franchise starring Danny McBride, was debunked as an actual movie over a week ago by Australia’s Brisbane Times. It was the addition of Chris Hemsworth to the second teaser for the movie that really gave it away, as Hemsworth is an ambassador for Australia. The whole thing, it seems, was an elaborate viral marketing campaign.
But if there was any doubt left that it was a hoax, the Super Bowl commercial that aired tonight came right out and admitted it. But as far as viral marketing hoaxes go, this one was pretty good. And we’re not ashamed to say that, if they decided to change their mind and make a real movie, we’d probably watch it.
Check out the Super Bowl commercial below:
- Comcast Drops Out of Fox Bidding War as Humanity Marches Towards Bold Future of Few Corporations Owning Everything Forever - July 19, 2018
- DC Announces New DC Ink and DC Zoom Comics by Louise Simonson, Marieke Nijkamp, Sarah Kuhn, and More! - July 19, 2018
- Tom King Sketching at San Diego Comic-Con - July 19, 2018
- ComiXology Debuts 2nd Wave of Originals from Humphries, Firmansyah, Seeley, Norton, Kearney, Nicholson, Visaggio, Vaughn, Sable, Donaldson, Trotman, Reed, Doolin, McDonald, and Crook - July 18, 2018
- Oni to Publish New Scott Pilgrim Collections for 15th Anniversary - July 18, 2018