Dundee: The Son of a Legend Returns Home, the purported reboot of the classic 1980s franchise starring Danny McBride, was debunked as an actual movie over a week ago by Australia’s Brisbane Times. It was the addition of Chris Hemsworth to the second teaser for the movie that really gave it away, as Hemsworth is an ambassador for Australia. The whole thing, it seems, was an elaborate viral marketing campaign.
But if there was any doubt left that it was a hoax, the Super Bowl commercial that aired tonight came right out and admitted it. But as far as viral marketing hoaxes go, this one was pretty good. And we’re not ashamed to say that, if they decided to change their mind and make a real movie, we’d probably watch it.
Check out the Super Bowl commercial below:
- Goldberg Thinks Hulk Hogan Deserves a Chance to Be Given a Chance to Return to WWE - April 24, 2018
- Triple H Defends WWE’s Relationship with Saudi Arabia, Hopes Women Can Wrestle in Country in a Few Years - April 24, 2018
- Will Smith’s Genie is “a Little Bit Hitch, a Little Fresh Prince, and a Whole Lot of Attitude” - April 24, 2018
- Spoilers Revealed in New Avengers: Infinity War Clip at #CinemaCon2018 - April 24, 2018
- NATO President on Millennials Killing Movies: It’s a Complete Myth [#CinemaCon2018] - April 24, 2018