Dundee: The Son of a Legend Returns Home, the purported reboot of the classic 1980s franchise starring Danny McBride, was debunked as an actual movie over a week ago by Australia’s Brisbane Times. It was the addition of Chris Hemsworth to the second teaser for the movie that really gave it away, as Hemsworth is an ambassador for Australia. The whole thing, it seems, was an elaborate viral marketing campaign.
But if there was any doubt left that it was a hoax, the Super Bowl commercial that aired tonight came right out and admitted it. But as far as viral marketing hoaxes go, this one was pretty good. And we’re not ashamed to say that, if they decided to change their mind and make a real movie, we’d probably watch it.
Check out the Super Bowl commercial below:
- Doctor Strange Celebrates 400th Issue Milestone With Six Dollar Comic - October 16, 2018
- Marvel vs. DC: Which Universe’s Foundation Will Be Rocked the Hardest in January? - October 16, 2018
- Now Jim Cheung Draws a Nearly Footless Uncanny X-Men Variant - October 16, 2018
- Suicide Squad Canceled With January’s #50… Just in Time for an Azzarello Relaunch? - October 15, 2018
- Heroes in Crisis: Now Everybody at Sanctuary Has Had Their Personal Data Stolen - October 15, 2018