One of the biggest talking points from Nintendo’s Earnings Report (which we’ll talk about more in-depth this week) comes from their breakout Nintendo Switch hit The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. According to the report, it has become the second best selling Zelda title in Nintendo’s history, showing that the Nintendo Switch version scored 6.7 million units sold on a global scale, with the Wii U version clocking in at 1.08 million units sold, which combined puts the grand total to 7.78 million units, so far. A pretty decent feat considering the amount of Nintendo Switch consoles sold across the world combined with Wii U units.
There’s still plenty of time for people to help Breath of The Wild surpass the all-time leader in the series, which right now is Twilight Princess, with the goal of nine million units sold over the course of the game’s lifetime. That game too had some help being sold over two consoles in the Game Cube and the original Wii, which a few different sites have been finding fascinating in comparison. Considering that we’re probably a year or so away from seeing the game make it’s way to the 3DS, and as the Switch continues to be purchased as more units become available, it’s only a matter of time before Breath of the Wild becomes the new champion.
- Nintendo will be Focusing on Arms and Splatoon 2 at GDC 2018
- Arms Director Reiterates There is Probably No New Content Coming, But Some Support Is Continuing
- Second Self Beer Co. Creates an IPA Tribute to Zelda
- Stardew Valley Was the Most Downloaded Game on Nintendo Switch Last Year
- Awesome Games Done Quick Raises Over $2 Million for Cancer Research
- Twitch Announces New Monetization with Bits in Extensions - April 23, 2018
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia Releases New Trailer at England’s Inception - April 23, 2018
- Skydance Interactive Announces Archangel: Hellfire with New Trailer - April 23, 2018
- TinyBuild Games Releases Extended Gameplay Trailer for Garage - April 23, 2018
- Vampire: The Masquerade Creators Get a New Distribution Deal for 5E - April 23, 2018