Corey Graves! Booker T is coming for you…
In a major loss for viewers of WWE Monday Night Raw, Hall-of-Famer Booker T was replaced by Jonathan Coachman on Monday, ending a stint that began with Booker T simply filling in for an absent David Otunga. While Coachman is a fine commentator, Booker’s off-the-cuff style and often insane ramblings made Raw a million times more fun. He was also great at promoting the wrestlers and lending insight to the matches that could only come from a six-time world champion with a 30-year career.
One of the best parts of Booker’s most recent tenure on Raw commentary was his back-and-forth verbal sparring with Corey Graves. On a recent episode of his podcast, Booker T revealed that there’s more real-life tension behind that relationship than fans might expect. Either that, or he’s totally working everyone. But when has a pro wrestler ever done something like that?
Below, see the transcript of Booker’s comments, courtesy of Cageside Seats:
People ask me about Corey Graves. Corey Graves is good at what he does, you know? Corey Graves, he’s thrown jabs at me, I’ve thrown jabs back, you know? And you know, the thing is Corey Graves, of course, yeah, he’s a college educated young man. His vernacular is a little different than mine. You see that word I just used? Threw that out there – just want you people to know, I ain’t studied this, it’s just something that we just threw out.
But I tell you, if I got Corey Graves into a fisticuffs, I would beat him down like he stole something. I would be whooping his ass all day long. Because that’s the thing – my thing is this. I’m a nice guy, until you get on my bad side. Corey Graves, right now, I wouldn’t necessarily say he’s on my bad side, but he’s the reason that I’m not on Monday Night Raw right now. Because, you know what, a lot of people in the company thought I was gonna jump on him, I was gonna do something bad to him, I was gonna drag him, I was gonna take him out to the woodshed, I was gonna beat that man so bad, I was gonna beat him until this man say, ‘Please, please, please, just don’t beat me any more.’
That’s how hot I was getting. That’s how close I was getting. So, they said, ‘Hey, Book. We’re gonna take – step back a second, alright? We’re gonna regroup, alright, we’re gonna press the rewind button. We’re gonna send you back to the Kickoff show of SmackDown, Monday Night Raw pay-per-views and cool you down for a second. Cause we don’t want you to do anything to Corey Graves, because we know what you could do to him. We know Corey Graves could do… he’s sitting there for a reason, man. He’s sitting there for a reason, and Corey Graves knows it.
You know what? I’ll tell you this here. I want all you people out there to know, you heard it right here Heated Conversations, Sports Radio 610, it’s probably gonna make all the dirt sheets like Meltzer and all those guys. But if I catch Corey Graves on the street, I’m gonna do something to him. Alright? I ain’t gonna do it at the office or anything like that. But if I catch him… not gonna do it in the airport, nah, I’m not gonna do that. But if I catch Corey Graves on the street? You see that little bouffant hairdo he got? I’m gonna rearrange it for him. Alright? I’m just saying. I’m just saying… Let me catch him at Starbucks. I’m a tattoo him…
He’s one of those guys gonna have to walk it like he talk it… Me personally, everybody knows my reputation… I get mean, when you mess with my green. And right now, my green is being messed with, you know what I mean? So, me and Corey Graves… WrestleMania coming up, right? There’s room for one more match. Right now, on my show, Heated Conversations, Sports Radio 610, I’m calling Corey Graves out to a fight. Not a match. Not a pre-show posedown or anything like that. I’m calling Corey Graves out to a fight.
So what do you think? Is Booker T working himself into a shoot, brother? Or is he working you?
- All the Best Nostalgia from Last Night’s WWE Royal Rumble Part 2 (Women’s Edition)
- Jonathan Coachman Returns to WWE, Replacing Booker T on Raw Announce Team
- Legend-Packed WWE Raw 25 Was Too Sweet! (An All-Nostalgia Recap) [Updated]
- Booker T Teases Royal Rumble Entry as Line Between Politics and Wrestling Blurs
- #UnderSeige: As Smackdown Invades Raw, Booker T Trapped In Terrifying Time Loop
- Shucky Ducky Quack Quack: Booker T Will Remain On WWE Raw Announce Team Until End Of Summer
- Be A Star: WWE Hall-Of-Famer Booker T Stands Up Against Bullying... Of JBL By The Internet
- Can You Dig The Fact That Booker T Will Be On The WWE RAW Announce Team For The Next Six Weeks, Sucka?
- WWE Superstar Kane Running For Mayor Of Knox County, Tennessee As Wrestlers Seize More Political Power
- WWE Star Booker T Hasn't Chosen Party For Mayoral Run, Praises Donald Trump
- Booker T Calls For Forgiveness For Hulk Hogan, WWE Return
- WWE Star Booker T Is Running For Mayor Of Houston; Can You Dig That, Suckaaaaaaaa?
- Mystique Poisons the Water Supply in X-Men Black First Look - September 20, 2018
- Batpenis No More? Future Printings of Batman Damned Will Be Censored - September 20, 2018
- Robert Kirkman Orders All Copies of Next Week’s Die!Die!Die! #3 Destroyed - September 20, 2018
- BOOM! Snatches Buffy Rights from Dark Horse as Licensing Wars Escalate - September 20, 2018
- Mike Wieringo, J.G. Jones, and J. Scott Campbell Draw Black Cat for Amazing Spider-Man Variants - September 20, 2018