HBO has released the full trailer for their upcoming eponymous documentary about Andre the Giant, Andre the Giant. Directed by Jason Hehir and executive produced by Bill Simmons, the doc explores Andre’s entire life, from his early days in France to his career as one of the most successful pro wrestlers of all time.
Andre was one of wrestling’s biggest babyfaces, or good guys, throughout the 1970s and early 1980s, but may be best remembered by younger fans for feuding as a heel, or bad guy, with Hulk Hogan and being bodyslammed by the Hulkster in front of 33 billion Hulkamaniacs at WrestleMania 3. Then again, there are some that might prefer to remember Andre for his role in the classic movie The Princess Bride.
The gigantism that fueled Andre’s success later led to acromegaly that caused him great pain later in life. Andre died of congestive heart failure in 1993 when he was just 46 years old.
Whatever your fondest memories of Andre the Giant are, the HBO doc premiering in April should be a fun, informative, and nostalgic watch. Check out the trailer below.
Andre the Giant was literally the biggest celebrity in the world. HBO Sports, WWE, and the Bill Simmons Media Group present Andre The Giant, a documentary examining the life and career of one of the most beloved figures in wrestling history. Andre the Giant premieres April 10 on HBO.
- Why is Marvel Giving X-Men Fans the Chris Claremont Runaraound? [X-ual Healing 10-10-18] - October 14, 2018
- Doctor Doom Reveals His Thoughts on Gardening in a Preview of Thor #6 - October 14, 2018
- When in Doubt, Make Out! A Mr. and Mrs. X #4 Preview - October 14, 2018
- The Greatest Utility of Mystique’s Powers Revealed in Next Week’s X-Men Black - October 14, 2018
- The Logistics of Human Sacrifice in Next Week’s Runaways #14 - October 14, 2018