Gwenpool is getting her very own MAFEX figure form Medicom Toys. She will be available in September for 7,800 Yen, or about $70 US.
The first Marvel figure to enter the MAFEX line is none other than The Unbelievable Gwenpool! Standing over 6 inches tall, Gwenpool features a high level of articulation and comes with several exchangeable accessories.
- 6.30 inches (16cm)
- Made of plastic
- Highly articulated
- First Marvel MAFEX figure
- Exchangeable accessories
- Gwenpool figure
- 3 Face plates
- 2 Katanas
- Katanas in sheaths
- Penguin backpack
- Dolphin backpack
Gwenpool is such a fun character. I will admit that when I first saw the concept I had zero interest. Working in a comic store didn’t help, either — getting asked constantly for the variant covers she was appearing on made me annoyed with her. After reading some of the books, however, I became hooked. I was really sad to see her book get canceled, but between this and the releasing-any-day-now Marvel Legends figure, we have some things to look forward to.
Gwenpool will come with three different interchangeable face plates, two different backpacks, katanas, a set of katanas in a sheath to wear on her back, and her trusty cell phone for taking killer selfies. She will have many points of articulation for ultra-posability. There is even a loose mask included. Personally, I can’t think of any other pose I would have her in on my shelf than leaping into action while taking the most dope selfie of all time — while wearing her shark backpack, of course.
I really do not have anything bad to say about this figure. Barring something catastrophic, this is one of my most-anticipated releases of the year. It is up for preorder now, but at a high mark-up on most sites. If you don’t mind paying more, get one locked up for the fall right here.
- The Siegel and Shuster Lost Superman Story that Marv Wolfman Rescued as a Boy
- In Avengers #688... an Avenger May Die!
- Liefeld's Pencils, Your Crayons in 'Color Your Own Deadpool' Sequel, Plus Ant-Man and the Wasp
- Black Bolt, Iron Fist, and Monsters Unleashed: The Next Titles on Marvel's Chopping Block?
- Venom to Get an "Epic" in the Fall of 2018... Another One?
- Image Comics Solicits for April 2018: Launching New Series Analog, Isola, Crude, The Dead Hand, and Skyward
- Marvel Staff to Benefit from Ike Perlmutter's Trump Donations After All
- Bendis to Bring Back Tony Stark as Iron Man Ahead of Iron Man #600
- Ralph Macchio Returns to the Avengers for the Infinity Shards!
- Stewart Lee Appears in Tomorrow's Doomsday Clock #3