The term “Season Pass” has pretty much become ubiquitous with every single, and a lot of people just assume that whatever game hits the market will end up including one for DLC purposes. However, it appears that God of War will be taking a different path. Cory Barlog, the Director of Sony Santa Monica Studio was asked by a fan on Twitter about it and got this answer instead.
No season pass. As for the story questions – you will have to wait and play the game to see how it all shakes out. I just finished another play-through last night around midnight and it was still awesome! I’m totally biased, though.
— Cory Barlog (@corybarlog) January 17, 2018
Now this doesn’t mean the game won’t have any DLC, in fact, if the rumors over content are to be believed on Reddit, we’re quite sure it will have cosmetic additions and eventually, new story adventures added to the mix. But at the same time, we kinda have to applaud them for not going to the immediate predictable route just to cash in on the fans. It sounds like, at least from the start, that the developers want the story to stand on it’s own while additional content comes later.
- God of War Designer Laughs Off Fan Complaints About Graphics
- WATCH: Brand-New Story Trailer for God of War from Santa Monica Studio
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment?
- Thor #703 Review: A Bloodbath in Asgardia
- Endless Day Starts Strong this Year with Endless Space 2's Vaulters Expansion
- Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Tap is Horribly Addictive and Far Too Fun
- Does DC Comics have Secret Plans to Celebrate the Return of Superman’s Red Underpants?
- Predictably, Aimbots Have Come to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - October 19, 2018
- Insomniac Games Releases Two New Patches for Marvel’s Spider-Man - October 19, 2018
- Pac-Man Will Appear On Cans of Red Bull Because… Nostalgia? - October 19, 2018
- Check Out the Launch Trailer for Dark Souls: Remastered on Switch - October 19, 2018
- Dead By Daylight Launches “The Hallowed Blight” Halloween Event - October 19, 2018