Boom! is publishing the third chapter of Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard‘s trilogy Wild’s End as an original graphic novel with Journey’s End to be published in June. The anthropomorphic, sci-fi graphic novel trilogy reveals powerful acts of humanity persevering in the face of war on a worldwide scale.
Despite the military’s best efforts, the alien invaders have seized a firm grip on the world. Cities have been invaded and the countryside overrun, leaving little hope for humanity’s resistance. With few options left, the survivors will need to look to the very people they once feared to make a last ditch effort to turn the tide of the war.
“Both Ian and I have loved working on Wild’s End – it’s a particularly favourite project for both of us – and we’ve been delighted by the immensely positive response from readers and critics to the first two volumes,” said Dan Abnett. “When BOOM! Studios asked for a third volume, and offered us to do it in the ‘long form’ of a graphic novel, we jumped at the chance, and we’ve been working on it with huge pleasure for the past little while. It’s not necessarily the end of Wild’s End, but this book represents a dramatic closure to the story arc and forms the dynamic third part of the trilogy. ”
“It’s really exciting for Dan and I to have had this opportunity to bring this particular arc to a close,” said I.N.J. Culbard. “It’s been a lot of fun returning to Wild’s End and continuing the stories of Susan, Clive, Peter and Alph, and we hope readers will enjoy the book as much as we’ve enjoyed putting it all together.”
And Bleeding Cool readers get to have a sneak peek ahead…
- A Comic Con with Only Comic Talent in a Mall for Free? Why Not? - February 25, 2018
- Yes, Comics Can Break Your Heart… but They Can Mend It, Too - February 25, 2018
- Trekker: Thirty Years and Counting on the Trail with Mercy St. Clair - February 25, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 25th February 2018 – Superman Readers Disturbed About Bendis - February 25, 2018
- The Art of Making Money and the Dark Side of Graphic Design - February 25, 2018