We just ran a selection of new faces and promoted faces at Diamond Comic Distributors. But what about a no-longer-there face?
Andrea Purcell is a new assistant editor at Iron Circus Comics. A store manager at Collectors Corner in Chicago, she joined Diamond as a social marketing/design intern in October 2014, then taken on as a Marketing Editorial Assistant in 2015, a Web Content Assistance in 2016 and last year, a Retail Marketing Manager at the comic book distributor.
And now she’s joined Chicago’s biggest comics publisher. Iron Circus owner Spike Trotman says:
“Andrea will be multi-tasking like crazy, handling ICC’s distro back-end, creator liaison stuff, and submission slushpile. We’ve just started on-boarding her this week, so it’s early days yet, but in the future, she’ll be taking on a lot of responsibility and helping ICC run more smoothly and responsively. Andrea’s got tons of industry experience, with years at Diamond Distributors. We’re excited to have her help in growing our little publisher.”
And maybe she can talk to Diamond when Trotman isn’t feeling it. From Abraham Reisman‘s great article on comics diversity for Vulture,
Congrats, Andrea, and good luck with the job!
- The Daily LITG – 18th October 2018 - October 18, 2018
- Titan Scorch Earth on Diablo Comic Book Listings - October 17, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels All Orders for Sandman: Overture Gallery Edition – For Now - October 17, 2018
- Tibalt Appears on Magic The Gathering: Chandra #3, Fandom Goes Wild - October 17, 2018
- Fortnite Parody Comic ‘Fartnite’ to be Published From Remy Eisu Mokhtar and Chris Crosby - October 17, 2018