We just ran a selection of new faces and promoted faces at Diamond Comic Distributors. But what about a no-longer-there face?
Andrea Purcell is a new assistant editor at Iron Circus Comics. A store manager at Collectors Corner in Chicago, she joined Diamond as a social marketing/design intern in October 2014, then taken on as a Marketing Editorial Assistant in 2015, a Web Content Assistance in 2016 and last year, a Retail Marketing Manager at the comic book distributor.
And now she’s joined Chicago’s biggest comics publisher. Iron Circus owner Spike Trotman says:
“Andrea will be multi-tasking like crazy, handling ICC’s distro back-end, creator liaison stuff, and submission slushpile. We’ve just started on-boarding her this week, so it’s early days yet, but in the future, she’ll be taking on a lot of responsibility and helping ICC run more smoothly and responsively. Andrea’s got tons of industry experience, with years at Diamond Distributors. We’re excited to have her help in growing our little publisher.”
And maybe she can talk to Diamond when Trotman isn’t feeling it. From Abraham Reisman‘s great article on comics diversity for Vulture,
Congrats, Andrea, and good luck with the job!
- Comic Store In Your Future – The Return of Diamond’s Secret Shopper - May 26, 2018
- Letitia Wright Would Rather Be the New Black Panther Than the New Iron Man - May 26, 2018
- David Harewood Promises Big Changes to Supergirl at the End of Season 3 - May 26, 2018
- 15 Things to Pick Up at MCM London Comic Con 2018 Today - May 26, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List – Justice, No Justice - May 25, 2018