Those of you who love to do team killing when your crew isn’t doing that great in Fortnite, your trolling just got cut down significantly. According to the game’s Reddit page, the devs have disabled the Friendly Fire feature due to the massive amount of complaints from people reporting team killing. So those of you who have basically decided to become the lowest form of a teammate when the situation looks grim, you’ll have to find another avenue for your aggression. We suggest quitting early, because Epic Games actually catalogs that behavior and bans people who frequently ditch their teammates. That way, you won’t have to worry about playing anymore.
We’ve received a lot of feedback on this subject, and it’s something we’ve been watching closely.
Today we’re making a change in an attempt to reduce team killing in Fortnite Battle Royale. Starting immediately, we’re going to disable friendly fire. This change will not require a client update.
We understand that when players abuse friendly fire it can be an incredibly frustrating experience. However, we also recognize that friendly fire encourages thoughtful play and careful tactics. The impact of this change will be closely monitored, and in the case that those tactics are too negatively affected we may evaluate other methods of reducing team killing.
Let us know your thoughts!
- No New Vehicles Or Maps Being Planned For Fortnite At The Moment
- New Locations To Be Added In Fortnite's Next Map Update
- The 21st Annual DICE Award Nominees Are Here
- Fortnite Unleashes Its Latest Patch, Which Includes an Uncozy Campfire
- A Fortnite Ad Takes A Cheap Shot At Destiny 2 In Their Own Reddit
- The Latest Update to Fortnite's Battle Royale Is the Boogie Bomb
- Dylan Sprouse Voices Alith Anar for Total War Warhammer II DLC - May 26, 2018
- NIS America Announces Killer7 Coming to Steam This Fall - May 26, 2018
- The Lost Child Receives a New Angel Interaction Trailer - May 26, 2018
- Epic Games Openly Warns Players About Free Fortnite V-Bucks Scams - May 26, 2018
- Bungie Makes a Few Armor Tweaks and More in Destiny 2 - May 26, 2018