Red Hood is joining Nightwing in the new Kotobukiya Ikemen line of statues. He will ship in July with a price tag of $89.99. Ikemen is the male line of statues modeled in the same way their line of Bushoujo statues are for women characters, done in the “pretty” style. Nightwing will be available in March, and now we know who statue two is.
Kotobukiya is branching out into an all new statue concept with IKEMEN. Similar to the popular Bishoujo series, this fantastic expansion is a lineup of popular characters re-designed by the famous Japanese illustrator Ricken in the Japanese Ikemen (“handsome men”) style. Following up after the debut Nightwing is a true bad boy in the Batman Family, RED HOOD! After Dick Grayson left Bruce Wayne’s side to branch out on his own, Batman needed a new sidekick and found the young hoodlum Jason Todd to be his replacement. Todd excelled as Robin but had a violent edge, and the boy unfortunately met his end at the hands of the Joker. Even death can’t keep a good character down, and Jason returned to life and became the anti-hero known as Red Hood, who takes his place as the second Ikemen style hunk with a special first edition with bonus part!
Jason Todd has always been a rebel, and here he stands in a defiant pose just begging you to look at him. As Red Hood he wears a super cool (and intricately sculpted) costume with black boots, reinforced black trousers, an armored black shirt decorated with a red bat logo, and a brown leather jacket with red accents and silver zippers. Of course, he wouldn’t be in the Ikemen style unless his pose and outfit highlighted Jason’s slim but muscular physique, and as Red Hood stands with one leg extended and one hand behind his head he shows off his toned body. The dark hero comes with interchangeable heads so you can customize your display: a full Red Hood helmet, a bare head revealing an aloof expression on his face and his black hair with a white streak, and exclusive to this first edition a bonus head wearing a sleek red domino mask!
Add this handsome hero to your collection and be on the lookout for more upcoming Ikemen Statues from Kotobukiya like Red Robin!
Man, that arm up pose is going to make collectors swoon. There is less butt emphasis than on the Dick Grayson figure, but that is to be expected, as Dick’s butt is one of the most popular in comics. If you preorder the first edition of this one you get three different face sculpts to choose from as well. I love the non-helmet look, the white streak in his hair really makes that head sculpt pop.
- Kylo Ren Gets an Awesome Target Exclusive Funko Set
- LEGO Ideas Ship in a Bottle Set Hits Stores in February
- Joseph Michael Linsner Teams up with Dynamite for New Dawn Statue
- 20 DC Comics Covers by JG Jones, Adam Hughes, Bill Sienkiewicz, Olivier Coipel, and More
- New Allegation That Stan Lee Groped the Wife of a Comic Book Creator Last Year
- Dave Hawksworth, Diamond's On the Road Man for 20 Years, Has Died
- Comic Shop Sales Fell 10% In 2017 - As DC and Doomsday Clock #2 Top December 2017 Marketshare Chart
- 12 Years A Slave's John Ridley Tells the "Other" History of the DC Universe
- Luke Cage is the Latest Defender to get a Kotobukiya Statue
- Fantagraphics Reprints 'The End Of The F***ing World' After a Certain TV Show Hits Netflix
- What the Ollie's Bargain Outlet DC Comics Sale in New York Looks Like
- "What If Ivanka Trump Got Woke?"
- Funko SDCC Exclusive Wave 1: Anime! Dragonball, Heavy Metal, and More - June 18, 2018
- Let’s Take a Look at the Marvel Legends Wolverine Legendary Riders Set - June 16, 2018
- Lids Embroidered Hats Are a Great Last-Minute Father’s Day Gift - June 16, 2018
- Let’s Take a Look at Mattel’s Best of the Attitude Era WWE Elite Figures - June 16, 2018
- Star Wars Favorites Yoda and Count Dooku Get Dueling Hot Toys Figures - June 16, 2018