Back when I owned the original Xbox, one of the things I absolutely hated about it was the controller. It was bulky, the buttons didn’t feel naturally placed, and there was a dome in the middle that served little purpose beyond reminding me it was an Xbox controller. Imagine my shock when the Xbox 360 rolled out to find that the original Duke controller had a fanbase who hated the redesigned model that we’ve come to know for Xbox systems ever since. Well, those who miss The Duke, good news for you, as Hyperkin has announced they’re making a modern version for the Xbox One. The news was revealed by Seamus Blackley on Twitter today.
— Seamus Blackley (@SeamusBlackley) January 12, 2018
Clearly, this is not the official design of it, seeing as how the original Duke was missing a couple buttons and the black and white buttons are now obsolete. And more than likely, that giant Xbox logo in the middle will be used to turn on the console. The $70 price tag is in line with current Xbox controllers being sold, now it just becomes a question of whether they go full nostalgia and make it wired.
- GameStop Has The Hyperkin DUKE Controller Available for Pre-Order
- A Hyperkin Employee Leaked a Portable N64 Prototype
- The SmartBoy Smart-Phone Gameboy Hybrid Is Coming To Europe
- Watch This Hacker Make The "'Nintendo PlayStation" Work Again!
- Kim Kardashian And Supertemporal
- Behind the Scenes - Gleefully Objectionable Shakespeare & Watson Web Series Prepares For Kickstarter
- Destiny 2 Gets a Trailer for the Warmind DLC - April 23, 2018
- Nintendo Releases Two Trailers for Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze on Switch - April 23, 2018
- Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Getting First DLC Pack This Week - April 23, 2018
- Merged Zamasu Confirmed for Dragon Ball FighterZ - April 23, 2018
- YouTube Drops Thousands of Partners in New “Know Your Customer” Policy - April 23, 2018