On this week’s edition of WWE Monday Night Raw, Samoa Joe announced his intentions to enter the Royal Rumble match, along with his intentions to eliminate superstar actor John Cena first by throwing him over the top rope and out of the ring if the two cross paths in the match. But has this burgeoning feud already become so heated so quickly that it’s spilled into the world of children’s animation?!
Earlier this week, Samoa Joe announced that he would be voicing the character Predaking in the cast of the new Transformers cartoon.
— Samoa Joe (@SamoaJoe) January 9, 2018
It’s a big moment for Joe, expanding outside the realm of pro-wrestling into being a Hollywood superstar, alongside famous cast members like Mark Hamill, Jaime King, and Ron Perlman. But Cena, it seems, may be flexing his muscle by announcing on YouTube just a few days later that he, too, will join the cast of a popular animated franchise: the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Cena will voice a character called Baron Draxum on Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Nickelodeon’s upcoming TMNT reboot.
Is Cena trying to overshadow Joe’s accomplishment? Is it possible that Cena couldn’t stand to see another pro wrestler receive mainstream attention by starring in an animated show? Will these tensions explode on January 28th at the WWE Royal Rumble PPV?
We hope so.
- Marvel’s Jordan White Spoils the Last Panel of Uncanny X-Men #1 for #XMenMonday - October 22, 2018
- Power Rangers: Beyond the Grid Goes Beyond Its 1st Print Run, Goes Back for More - October 22, 2018
- Marvel Unveils More X-citing Uncanny X-Men Variants by Liefeld, Campbell, Pacheco, Crain, and Land - October 22, 2018
- Lois Lane Accused of Canoodling Lex Luthor in Action Comics #1004 Preview - October 22, 2018
- Oni Press Plans Super Fun Sexy Times with Ghost Hog, Dream Daddy, and More Next Summer - October 22, 2018