Ubisoft has announced that Assassin’s Creed Rogue is seeing the remaster treatment, bringing it up to PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One consoles.
A few weeks ago, we picked up a bit of a slip that suggested that the game might indeed be making the jump to current gen consoles. When it was released, Rogue, which was fairly well liked, acted as a new adventure on the PS3 and Xbox 360 while the main series made the hop to new consoles at the turn of the generation with Assassin’s Creed Unity. Now, it seems that initial leak has sprouted fruit.
Ubisoft have just announced that Assassin’s Creed Rogue is seeing a new lick of paint with a new remaster. In a release, the publisher claimed that “higher resolution, improved environment rendering, visual effects and textures” have all been looked at for the release. What’s more is that the wait isn’t all that long, either. It’s been revealed that the release will come on March 20th, 2018. That’s barely two months away. Here is a teaser trailer for the game showing it off.
While Rogue never set the world on fire, possibly due to it being tied to older consoles, along with Liberation (which has already seen some remaster love), it’s one of the forgotten Assassin’s Creed titles. If for nothing but fairness’ sake, it’s good to see it get a second lease on life. Hopefully it will find a bigger audience now it isn’t in the shadow of Unity so directly.
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Is Coming, Details Will Be Revealed During E3
- Assassin's Creed: Origins Expansion "The Hidden Ones" Coming Next Week
- Overwatch League Team Chengdu Hunters Revealed - November 13, 2018
- Ark: Survival Evolved Hit All Time Peak Players On Steam This Weekend - November 13, 2018
- Despite Activision’s Comments, Destiny 2 Director Says Bungie Aren’t Disappointed With Forsaken - November 12, 2018
- Destiny 2 is Under-Performing Says Activision - November 9, 2018
- Overwatch League Officially Unveils Paris and Guangzhou Teams - November 9, 2018