Fire Pro Wrestling World has teamed up with New Japan Pro Wrestling to bring an officially licenced title based around some of wrestling’s most beloved workers in the world today.
The announcement was made ahead of Wrestle Kingdom by the promotion and Spike Chunsoft and it will see real named wrestlers added to the game. While the title has always had to rely on creation suites and modders to create true to life version of wrestlers in the game, when it comes to New Japan, players will now have officially licenced versions of wrestlers like Kenny Omega, Kazuchika Okada and Tetsuya Naito. While no date was given for this, the window of Summer 2018 was outlined.
Also coming this summer, it was announced that the game was getting a PlayStation 4 release. As I don’t image the fast and easy to use Steam Workshop integration will come to PlayStation 4, the game having a big licensing deal on its side will go far into helping its case on the platform.
Real wrestlers, real moves, real drama: NJPW enters the ring when Fire Pro Wrestling World hits PS4 this summer! pic.twitter.com/k2R7FUMxA0
— FirePro（ファイプロ） (@sc_prowrestling) January 3, 2018
Fire Pro Wrestling World has been available since last year now, and if you like wrestling, especially deep technical grappling you will most certainly get a kick out of the retro-looking title. It’s real neat, and if you’ve never touched the series, it won’t play like anything you’ve experienced. Have at it.
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds to Ban 100,000 Players for Cheating - January 22, 2018
- Minecraft Entertained 74 Million Active Users in December - January 22, 2018
- The Creator of Sonic the Hedgehog Has Joined Square Enix - January 22, 2018
- Monster Hunter: World’s Day One Patch Brings In Multiplayer and Poogies - January 22, 2018
- 50 Cent Says He is Definitely Interested in Making a Third Game - January 22, 2018