Breaking new ground in the field of trying to score a role in a superhero movie, Gal Gadot’s daughter, Alma, is already vying for the role of Wonder Woman after her mother gives it up in the future. Gadot revealed the shocking news in an interview with Entertainment Tonight, where tonight, rather than entertainment, the subject at hand was nepotism.
“She loves it,” Gadot said of her daughter’s response to the Wonder Woman phenomenon. “She didn’t watch the movie yet, because I’m the mother and I just try and protect her and give her normal things, but she will definitely. She’s very proud. She’s very, very proud… She’s already asked me if she can take over when I’m older.”
Gadot was 28 when she was first cast as Wonder Woman in the DCEU, so 6-year-old Alma still has a few years before she can take over the part. By our calculations, the earliest Alma can be reasonably cast as the next Wonder Woman would be for Wonder Woman 12, which, if Warner Bros. continues to produce sequels at a rate of one every two years, will come out around 2039. Of course, there’s also the possibility that Alma could make a cameo appearance in an earlier movie, like Batman v. Superman 14 or Harley Quinn 37.
Then again, just because Alma wants to play Wonder Woman now doesn’t necessarily mean that she’ll still want that part come 2039. The world will be a vastly different place in the 2030s, not the least of which because humans will just be starting to venture out into the cold, mutant-filled wasteland created by the great nuclear war of ’18 that started on Twitter. Maybe by that point, the world will be ready for a female Batman, and Alma could choose to take on that role instead. That is, assuming Ben Affleck has made up his damn mind about whether to leave it by then.
- Alberto El Patron Blames Paige for All the Times He Told Off WWE and Triple H - January 20, 2018
- Is Hulk Hogan Preparing for a WWE Return at Raw 25 on Monday? - January 20, 2018
- Lip Sync Battle Loss to Triple H and Stephanie McMahon Forces Jimmy Fallon to Appear at WWE Raw 25 - January 19, 2018
- EXCLUSSSIVE: Are These Script Excerpts from the First Draft of Brian Michael Bendis’s Action Comics #1000 Story? - January 19, 2018
- Abnett and Culbard’s Wild’s End Returns to BOOM! for Journey’s End OGN - January 19, 2018