The Dark Knight Returns, arguably the best Batman story of all time — if not the best superhero comic of all time — is getting a gorgeous new statue from Iron Studios. Scheduled for release in the Summer of 2018, the statue features an iconic pose of Bruce and Carrie mid-jump into the fight somewhere in Gotham. It will retail for $185 and is available for preorder now.
From Frank Miller’s The Dark Knight Returns, the amazing duo, Batman & Robin, join the 1/10 art scale series. Standing just about 9 inches tall, these two heroes are sculpted on display bases hovering over a Gotham City themed diorama base.
- 8.90 inches (22.60cm)
- Made of polystone
- Limited edition
- Based on the art of Frank Miller
- Hand painted
One thing I will say is that they could have done a little better job sculpting the city of Gotham underneath them. It just looks a little weird under such a wonderful-looking statue. The main figures of Batman and Robin look incredible. Carrie, especially with her flowing red hair and glasses, stands out. I wish they had been leaping off a rooftop or had no kind of background at all, but that’s okay. Made of polystone, this thing is also going to be pretty heavy. A centerpiece statue, no doubt. You will have to make a ton of room for it, considering the way Batman’s cape juts out from the base.
You can place a preorder for the Dark Knight Returns Batman and Robin statue from Iron Studios right now here.
- Despite Controversy, Porg-Driven Star Wars: The Last Jedi to End Year as Highest-Grossing Movie
- Star Wars: Jedi Challenges Lets Fans Unleash the Force in Their Living Rooms
- Bright Review: A Been There, Seen That Cop Story, Now with Elves and Centaurs and Orcs, Oh My
- Funko Exclusives in Stores Soon, Including Groot, Hellboy, and Gizmoduck!
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is not a Remake of The Lost World
- Spider-Gwen Lives! (UPDATE)
- Leverage Creator John Rogers Tackles the Roy Moore Voting Conspiracy
- Black Panther: Two New Images from the Latest Issue of Empire
- 10 Geeky Things I Want to Do Before I Die — What Are Yours?
- Magneto is in Trouble in New Image from X-Men: Dark Phoenix
- In Latest Blow, Justice League Ranks Only 4th on DC-Loving Mayor Robert Garcia's Top 10 Moments of 2017
- Dave Gibbons' School Burnt All Their Comics - BBC Radio 4 Looks at Changing Comics Culture
- Visiting Hordak’s Lair on SDCC Preview Night at SDCC - July 19, 2018
- Masters of the Universe 1/6 Scale Figures Coming from Mondo - July 18, 2018
- Hellboy Gets a New 1/12 Scale Figure from Dark Horse Direct - July 18, 2018
- Boba Fett Mythos Figure Coming Next Summer from Sideshow - July 18, 2018
- Where to Find Funko’s 2018 SDCC Shared Exclusives - July 18, 2018