Following last week’s news that Paramount and Hasbro have set a 2020 release date for a Micronauts movie, a sales guide on Hasbro’s website reveals that the Micronauts are also coming to the world of animated series the year prior.
Targeting 6-11 year olds, the new series will launch with 26 22-minute episodes in 2019. Here’s the description of the show:
When fate brings an unlikely team of alien space explorers to earth in pursuit of the evil Baron Karza, they make a shocking discovery—on our world they are the size of action figures! The Micronauts are small heroes in a big world but the stakes are higher than ever as their miniaturized size presents dangerous obstacles at every turn. Fortunately, they forge an alliance with teenager Cameron Ruck, who will join them in their pursuit of justice. Although the Micronauts are small in stature, their bravery and adventurous spirits remain larger than life.
The sales guide also shows off some concept artwork for the show:
The project was originally named on the slate of Boulder Media earlier this year. Boulder is also producing Transformers, Rescue Bots Academy, and Littlest Pet Shop for Hasbro, as well as shows for other companies like Danger Mouse and Dorothy and the Wonders of Oz.
- Comcast Drops Out of Fox Bidding War as Humanity Marches Towards Bold Future of Few Corporations Owning Everything Forever - July 19, 2018
- DC Announces New DC Ink and DC Zoom Comics by Louise Simonson, Marieke Nijkamp, Sarah Kuhn, and More! - July 19, 2018
- Tom King Sketching at San Diego Comic-Con - July 19, 2018
- ComiXology Debuts 2nd Wave of Originals from Humphries, Firmansyah, Seeley, Norton, Kearney, Nicholson, Visaggio, Vaughn, Sable, Donaldson, Trotman, Reed, Doolin, McDonald, and Crook - July 18, 2018
- Oni to Publish New Scott Pilgrim Collections for 15th Anniversary - July 18, 2018