Following last week’s news that Paramount and Hasbro have set a 2020 release date for a Micronauts movie, a sales guide on Hasbro’s website reveals that the Micronauts are also coming to the world of animated series the year prior.
Targeting 6-11 year olds, the new series will launch with 26 22-minute episodes in 2019. Here’s the description of the show:
When fate brings an unlikely team of alien space explorers to earth in pursuit of the evil Baron Karza, they make a shocking discovery—on our world they are the size of action figures! The Micronauts are small heroes in a big world but the stakes are higher than ever as their miniaturized size presents dangerous obstacles at every turn. Fortunately, they forge an alliance with teenager Cameron Ruck, who will join them in their pursuit of justice. Although the Micronauts are small in stature, their bravery and adventurous spirits remain larger than life.
The sales guide also shows off some concept artwork for the show:
The project was originally named on the slate of Boulder Media earlier this year. Boulder is also producing Transformers, Rescue Bots Academy, and Littlest Pet Shop for Hasbro, as well as shows for other companies like Danger Mouse and Dorothy and the Wonders of Oz.
- Charles Soule’s The Oracle Year is Coming to Television After Bidding War - January 22, 2018
- Watch Ben Passmore’s ‘Your Black Friend’ as an Animated Short Film - January 22, 2018
- WWE Spoils First Three and a Half Minutes of Tomorrow’s Raw 25 - January 21, 2018
- Hall-of-Fame Legend Snubbed in WWE Raw 25 Celebration - January 21, 2018
- Hyundai Veloster Lands Key Role in Marvel’s Ant-Man and the Wasp - January 20, 2018