Marvel’s Ryan Penagos hosted a Runaways roundtable with co-creators Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage and co-executive producer Quinton Peeples to talk about the series. One of the interesting things is that they didn’t know how the series would be released. Unlike most streaming services where all episode of a season are released at once, Marvel’s Runaways had two episodes debut at once and then the rest have been doled out on a weekly basis more like network television. The reaction to the adaptation of the comic series by Brian K. Vaughan and Adrian Alphona has been mostly positive.
One of the fans questions had to do with the team’s way of getting around in the comics, the Leapfrog. Though it’s been mentioned in the series, we haven’t seen it yet and won’t in this season. Turns out they didn’t have the budget to make it happen. But it’s definitely something the producers want to do and hopefully will be in a second season if that happens. Also, it was there intent from the very beginning to do the dinosaur, Old Lace. It was the first question Peeples asked when he went in to talk about the project.
Marvel’s Runaways is currently streaming on Hulu with seven of the 10 episodes now available.
- Arrow Season 7: Which Version of Roy Harper are We Getting? - May 24, 2018
- Read Warlords of Mars #1 with the J. Scott Campbell Cover that Inspired the Dejah Thoris Statue - May 24, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD: What is the Final Fate of Graviton - May 24, 2018
- Arrow Season 7: The Threat From Ricardo Diaz May Be Far From Over - May 24, 2018
- The Flash Season 5: How Will Iris and Barry Deal with the Mysterious Girl - May 24, 2018