Amidst news of a bevy of Marvel Comics cancellations that certain clickbait merchants have dubbed a “Marvel Bloodbath”, stood this solicitation for She-Hulk #163 for March next year.
SHE-HULK #163 LEG
(W) Mariko Tamaki (A) Diego Olortegui (CA) Rahzzah
JEN WALTERS MUST DIE Part 5
IT’S NOT EASY BEING GREEN!
• Jen Walters has gone through some stuff. She’s fought golems made of rage and fear, faced monsters twice her size and won tough court battles.
• What’s next for Jen?
• Well…let’s find out.
In Shops: Mar 07, 2018
Feels a bit final, doesn’t it? The “well… let’s find out” feels a bit defeatist?As if the answer is cancellation?
She-Hulk returned to a monthly series written by Mariko Tamaki taking over as the lead character of the Hulk series after Bruce Banner’s death, dealing with the character PTSD after the Thanos assault in Civil War II. Meanwhile, the Amadeus Cho character already had his own spinoff title, the Totally Awesome Hulk. As part of the recent Marvel Legacy not-a-relaunch, the title was renumbered and renamed She-Hulk. Which, as for other titles, seems to have been its death sentence.
She-Hulk Vol 3 out next year only goes up to #163 and contains five issues, while the previous two volumes contained six each. That’s the kind of thing that usually has us scratching our chins and going, “Hrm,” but in the face of the recent chopping of comic books at Marvel it does seem like it might be one of the unfortunates, doesn’t it?
Whatever happens, there look to be lots of surprises in Marvel’s April solicitations.
- The Daily LITG – 18th October 2018 - October 18, 2018
- Titan Scorch Earth on Diablo Comic Book Listings - October 17, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels All Orders for Sandman: Overture Gallery Edition – For Now - October 17, 2018
- Tibalt Appears on Magic The Gathering: Chandra #3, Fandom Goes Wild - October 17, 2018
- Fortnite Parody Comic ‘Fartnite’ to be Published From Remy Eisu Mokhtar and Chris Crosby - October 17, 2018