A day after David Brothers announced on Twitter that he had quit his job as Brand Manager for Image Comics, the publisher has announced a replacement.
“Image Comics is pleased to announce that Sean Edgar—formerly the Comic Books Editor/LIve Music/Photo Editor at Paste Magazine and contributor to The Atlantic, NPR, Playboy, and Stereogum—will be joining the Image team as Brand Manager,” Image wrote in a press release.
“As a longtime admirer of Sean’s work at Paste, it’s exciting to be welcoming him to Image,” said Image publisher Eric Stephenson. “Sean’s tremendously talented, he has a great eye, and his passion for comics is nothing short of inspiring. Working with him promises to be one of the highlights of the new year.”
“I’m feverishly excited to join Image Comics and help articulate the passion and innovation Eric, Kat, and the team bring to sequential art,” said Edgar, who starts work in January. “They’ve remained at the vanguard of pushing the medium forward, and I can’t wait to reveal some of the projects we have incubating in podcasts, video and beyond.”
Image also revealed what exactly a brand manager does, noting in the press release, “As Brand Manager, Edgar will be the Editor of the Gem Award winning Image+ magazine, will serve as moderator on official Image Comics panels at Image EXPO and all conventions, and will oversee content development for imagecomics.com.”
Brothers didn’t give a reason for his departure yesterday, tweeting only:
Best of luck to Brothers in his next venture and to Edgar in his new role.
- New GWAR OGN The Enormogantic Fail Revisits the Obliteration of Flab Quarv 7 - October 17, 2018
- R.I.P. ResurrXion? Weapon X Missing from Marvel’s January Solicits - October 16, 2018
- Finally, Chuck Austen’s Early X-Men Work Returns to Print at Marvel - October 16, 2018
- Is Ms. Marvel Cancelled? G. Willow Wilson Says It’s Just Taking a “Skip Month” - October 16, 2018
- Chuck Wendig’s Shadow of Vader Not Solicited for January… Has It Been Canceled Completely? - October 16, 2018