A day after David Brothers announced on Twitter that he had quit his job as Brand Manager for Image Comics, the publisher has announced a replacement.
“Image Comics is pleased to announce that Sean Edgar—formerly the Comic Books Editor/LIve Music/Photo Editor at Paste Magazine and contributor to The Atlantic, NPR, Playboy, and Stereogum—will be joining the Image team as Brand Manager,” Image wrote in a press release.
“As a longtime admirer of Sean’s work at Paste, it’s exciting to be welcoming him to Image,” said Image publisher Eric Stephenson. “Sean’s tremendously talented, he has a great eye, and his passion for comics is nothing short of inspiring. Working with him promises to be one of the highlights of the new year.”
“I’m feverishly excited to join Image Comics and help articulate the passion and innovation Eric, Kat, and the team bring to sequential art,” said Edgar, who starts work in January. “They’ve remained at the vanguard of pushing the medium forward, and I can’t wait to reveal some of the projects we have incubating in podcasts, video and beyond.”
Image also revealed what exactly a brand manager does, noting in the press release, “As Brand Manager, Edgar will be the Editor of the Gem Award winning Image+ magazine, will serve as moderator on official Image Comics panels at Image EXPO and all conventions, and will oversee content development for imagecomics.com.”
Brothers didn’t give a reason for his departure yesterday, tweeting only:
Best of luck to Brothers in his next venture and to Edgar in his new role.
- A #MeToo Moment for the Time Variance Authority, Plus: In These Issues, X-Men Will Die! [X-ual Healing 8-22-18] - August 19, 2018
- Did Seth Rollins Raid Thanos’s Wardrobe for SummerSlam Outfit? [SPOILERS] - August 19, 2018
- Trish Stratus Returns for Evolution Dream Match Against Alexa Bliss - August 19, 2018
- Celestial Judgement is Upon the Marvel Universe, Plus Previews for All of Marvel’s 8/22 Releases - August 18, 2018
- Storm Tempted by the Dark Side in Previews for All of Next Week’s X-Men Comics - August 18, 2018