This morning, Twitch announced a new partnership with the NBA G League to stream games live during the 2017-2018, with the games being available on-demand after the initial broadcast. The partnership is the brand’s attempt to get traditional modern sports in on the action that Twitch is provoding by incorporating Twitch’s interface and tools with live G League games. Twitch even secures a few personalities, namely GoldGlove, to take part in the initial launch of the brand. (Basically, anyone popular who has been playing NBA 2K18 on their feeds.) There will also be interactive elements and extensions for the audience to check out:
- Stats: Viewers can click on a team’s name or logo next to the scoreboard to view player, team, game, and season stats. There will also be a ticker featuring league stats related to other games from around the league.
- Loyalty Display: Logged in viewers will be rewarded with loyalty points for passive and active behaviors and interactions with the stream. Viewers can compete to unlock achievements, climb season long leaderboards, and more to eventually earn prizes.
Below are a couple quotes on the partnership, which kicks off on December 15th on Twitch.
“Our deal with Twitch will be groundbreaking,” said NBA G League President Malcolm Turner. “By leveraging fan commentary, new technology and a passionate community, Twitch elevates video in a unique, engaging way that resonates with young viewers. We look forward to collaborating with their team to create something truly special for basketball fans.”“On day one, the NBA team got what Twitch is all about. We aren’t a traditional sports experience on TV; we are much more,” said Michael Aragon, Senior Vice President of Content, Twitch. “From our broadcasters to our engaged community to our interactive product that brings everyone together, collaborating with their team is going to bring a unique experience to basketball fans worldwide. We are thrilled to be working with the NBA G League and look forward to seeing the impact of social video on mainstream sports.”
- Twitch Launches a New Game Show Called 'Stream On'
- DrDisRespect Announces Hiatus on Twitch Stream After Infidelity
- The Predator Is Coming to Ghost Recon: Wildlands in Special Event
- New Destiny 2 Exotic Is Wreaking Havoc in PvP, But It's Apparently a Bug
- Streamer Broadcasts UFC Pay-Per-View on Twitch by Pretending It's a Game
- The Game Awards Will Include Indie Games This Year
- Sea Of Thieves Talks About the Whole Single and Duo Player Situation - April 26, 2018
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Latest Patch Adds a New Car and More - April 26, 2018
- A 13-Year-Old Gets an Esports Contract to Play Fortnite - April 26, 2018
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion Gets a Trailer and Release Date - April 26, 2018
- Laser League Gets an Official Release Date for May - April 26, 2018