The world is currently going a bit wild for The Last Jedi, which is understandable. It’s going to be the biggest film this year no doubt, and it’s already had a lot of good word of mouth (not that it needed it). It’s now making its jump to the video game space, too, with a substantial update currently rolling out in Star Wars: Battlefront II.
The Last Jedi patch is bringing a bunch of new content to the game including heroes, maps, and story missions. Finn and Captain Phasma are now added, and neither cost anything to acquire if you play the game during the season. There are two new maps, too, in the form of Crait and D’Qar.
There are also three new story missions called Resurrection following Iden Version, which act as an epilogue to the game.
There are also fixes coming to hero balance and general play. You can read those and details on all the new content here.
While Star Wars Battlefront II has certainly had a rough go of it since it came out, with the huge controversy around microtransactions, loot boxes, and character customisation, it’s good to see the free DLC beginning to hit. It’s easy to forget that all additional content for the title is going to be free, which hopefully will go just a little bit to easing people on the game and, hopefully, leading to a better experience for everyone. The people who bought the game could definitely use that.
- Crystal Microtransactions Are Coming Back to Star Wars: Battlefront II
- [Spoiler-Free] Star Wars: The Last Jedi Review: The Spark That Will Ignite the Saga for Years to Come
- Bib Fortuna Gets a Sweet Bust From Gentle Giant
- Conan Exiles and Halo Wars 2 are Free to Play This Weekend on Xbox Live - October 19, 2018
- Hitman is Getting a Halloween Event Today - October 19, 2018
- Developer Says The Division 2 Can’t Be Openly Political - October 18, 2018
- PUBG Looks to be Bringing Halloween Content to the Game - October 17, 2018
- New SoulCalibur 6 Video Teaches You The Basics - October 16, 2018