Bib Fortuna is the latest Star Wars character to get a bust from Gentle Giant. Limited to only 750 pieces and running you $120, the bust is available to order now if you are a Premier Guild member. If any are left after that, anyone can order it starting this Friday, December 15th.
It is unknown how long the Twi’lek known as Bib Fortuna has served as the majordomo to the mighty gangster Jabba the Hutt, but we know that his service dates back at least to the Boonta Eve Classic pod race, won by the young, unknown competitor Anakin Skywalker. The pasty-faced right-hand-man is still in Jabba’s service several decades later when the son of Anakin Skywalker returns to Tattooine as a Jedi and seeks to bargain with Jabba for the life of his friend. It is during that encounter that Jabba learns that Bib Fortuna is susceptible to “Jedi Mind Tricks.” Fortuna followed the rules of protocol in the Hutt’s court (such as they were), and spoke only in Huttese, though he understood other tongues. The darkly robed attendant often hovered near Jabba’s ear, offering advice and feeding information to his master.
This 1:6 scale Bib Fortuna mini bust is painstakingly designed, modeled and prototyped using top of the line 3D technology so that no detail is missed. Each collectible mini bust is hand-cast, hand-painted and hand-numbered with a limited edition certificate of authenticity.
The Bib Fortuna mini bust will be limed to only 750 pieces.
I don’t know about anyone else, but Bib always creeped me out big time when I was a kid. I think it was the red eyes. Even now as I type this and look at the pictures I am getting unnerved. That just speaks to the amazingly detailed work they put into these busts over there. I have a couple of these, and each is in a place of prominence in my collection. Keep up the great work, Gentle Giant.
- Borderlands 2 Claptrap Gets a Deluxe Figure from McFarlane Toys
- Watch: Star Wars Holiday Special, Thank the Maker Special Edition
- The Last Jedi Comes to Star Wars: Battlefront II in Free Update
- Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards 2018 Nominations: Complete List
- A Music Video Trailer for ML Miller and James Michael Whynot's Gravetrancers #1, Out Today
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Review: Taking Our Emotions for a Ride [Spoiler-Free]
- As Miss Beezlebub Likes, Mermaid Boys, and Monster Tamer Girls from Yen Press March 2018 Solicits
- Superman #37 Review: A Bold, Brash, Loud Start to Super Sons of Tomorrow Crossover
- She-Ra, Trollhunters and More Set for Netflix, DreamWorks Series
- Fugees' Pras Michel Developing NYPD "Hip-Hop Cops" Series
- Happy! Scores Big Numbers for Syfy with Series Debut
- Let’s Take a Look at the Mezco Toyz Living Dead Doll Michael Myers - October 21, 2018
- Let’s Take a Look at the Michael Myers Halloween One:12 Collective Figure - October 21, 2018
- Super7 Halloween Galore! Universal Monsters, Superbuckets, and The Great Garloo! - October 21, 2018
- Let’s Discuss That Halloween Ending and Twist *SPOILERS* - October 20, 2018
- Trick or Treat Ideas? Stikbots and Five Nights at Freddy’s Candy to the Rescue! - October 20, 2018