Witchblade #1, the first issue in a new series with a new Witchblade host from creative team Caitlin Kittredge, Roberta Ingranata, and Bryan Valenza has sold out at Diamond and will see a second printing in stores on the same day Witchblade #2 comes out. The book first hit stores on Wednesday, December 6th. Though the book has sold out to retailers, there may still be copies at your local comic shop.
Co-creator Marc Silvestri was very pleased, a press release reveals:
“Issue #1 has sold out! Wow, thank you to all the fans for supporting this bold new chapter in the Witchblade saga! And thank you Caitlin Kittredge, Roberta Ingranata and Bryan Valenza for your creative vision,” said Silvestri. “It takes a truly talented team to make a book this good!”
Witchblade #1 second printing and Witchblade #2 hit stores on January 10th. Hopefully Image prints enough copies this time, or it will need to go back for a third printing. How embarrassing!
Checkout a preview below the PR copy/paste.
A journalist who thinks she’s seen it all… Underwood is a contemporary character with an already storied past—and an unlikely recipient of the ancient and powerful artifact known as the Witchblade—who immediately captured the imaginations of fans.
This new WITCHBLADE #1 drops readers into the action from page one. Gunned down and left for dead on a New York rooftop, Alex Underwood’s life should have ended there—but instead, at the moment of death, she became host to the Witchblade, a mystical artifact that grants the woman wielding it extraordinary powers. But the power comes with a heavy cost, and Alex finds herself thrust into the center of an unseen battle raging on the snowy streets of NYC. Demons are real and walking among humans, and every one of them is intent on taking out the Witchblade’s newest host before she becomes too strong to kill. But the artifact chose Alex for a reason—and she’s not going down without a fight.
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Incredible Hulk Beat the Crap Out of Hulk Hogan - October 21, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Union Jack Resisted Thatcher’s England in 1990 - October 21, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Marvel Mocked a Beloved Republican President in 1990 - October 21, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Spider-Man Took a Fall for Animal Rights in 1990 - October 21, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Namor Got Political About Pollution in 1989 - October 21, 2018