At the end of last year, Gerard Jones, co-creator of the Ultraverse comic character Prime and veteran comics writer on Green Lantern, Justice League, Batman, The Trouble With Girls and Martian Manhunter was arrested on charges of distributing and possessing child pornography.
He also co-created the Ultraforce character Topaz, who appeared in this year’s Thor: Ragnarok movie. Shortly after the arrest, DC Comics cancelled a number of collections featuring his work in response.
According to court documents, he was released on a $250,000 bond, with a home monitored curfew from 6 p.m. to 7 a.m., with an exception for a funeral for a friend.
The case is set for a pretrial conference for 12th March 2018, jury selection for the 14th, and the trial itself commencing on the 19th. in Courtroom 4, 17th Floor, San Francisco before Judge Vince Chhabria.
The trial is anticipated to take between one and two weeks.
- Ten Thoughts about Doctor Who Series 11 Finale: The Battle Of Ranskoor Av Kolos - December 9, 2018
- BBC Confirms: No Doctor Who Series 12 Until 2020 - December 9, 2018
- “The DNA Of The Most Dangerous Creature In the Universe” – Trailer For Resolution, The Doctor Who New Year’s Day 2019 Special - December 9, 2018
- Ollie’s Outlets Selling $3.3 Million of Graphic Novels at 80% Off - December 9, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 9th December 2018, “DC Killed It This Week” – and Then Die… - December 9, 2018