Cyber Force is returning, again, from Image Comics this March, according to a new press release. Matt Hawkins and Bryan Hill will write the new series with artist Atilio Rojo for this latest relaunch. Creator Marc Silvestri will “oversee” the project. For more on this, let’s hear from the creative team.
“I’ve always loved Cyber Force,” said Hawkins in the press release. “These heroes are more technologically based, and we’re very close to transhumanism as it is! This story has a philosophical slant to it that is very appropriate to the changing times we’re in.”
“Cyber Force is what first interested me in Top Cow,” said Hill. “My first pitch to Matt was set in that universe. When Marc created it, concepts of transhumanism and its effect on society were just esoteric theory, but now we live in that reality. We’re a species using technology to ‘perfect’ ourselves, but in what image? What happens when evolution stops being a natural process and becomes a mechanized one? What is the future of this new humanity? I hope to engage these ideas in Cyber Force…and blow a lot of things apart in flame and steel.”
“It is a special honor and an enormous pleasure for me to participate in this project,” added Rojo. “I will give my best, as always!”
Look for this in stores in March.
To protect the future, what will we become?
In a modern world where humanity is defined by the technology it creates, a terrorist strikes at the heart of human progress. One of the few survivors of the attack is a man named Morgan Stryker.
Mortally wounded, Stryker’s life is saved by his employers…but the price of his survival could be his humanity itself.
- Walking Dead Collectible Sparks Racism Controversy at North Carolina Credit Union - May 25, 2018
- Nikki Bella Wins $15,000 for Red Nose Day Charity on American Ninja Warrior - May 25, 2018
- Look Inside Archie Comics’ Superteens Vs. Crusaders Crossover and Learn How to Preorder It - May 25, 2018
- Image Gets Political with Pia Guerra’s ‘Me The People’ Cartoon Collection - May 25, 2018
- DC Comics is Giving Away a CGC Graded Action Comics #1 Silver Foil Variant - May 24, 2018