Everyone on the internet is talking about the fact that Disney could be buying 20th Century Fox. This is a big deal to comic book fans who are equal parts excited and nervous about the idea of the X-Men and the Fantastic Four making their way to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. There are a lot of arguments on both sides that could be addressed, and Collider decided to go to Hugh Jackman for his opinion. While being interviewed for The Greatest Showman, Jackman was asked about the merger and if he wanted to return to the role.
“It’s interesting because for the whole 17 years I kept thinking that would be so great, like I would love to see, particularly, Iron Man and the Hulk and Wolverine together. And every time I saw an Avengers movie I could just see Wolverine in the middle of all of them like punching them all on the head. But it was like, “Oh well, that’s not gonna happen,” and it was interesting just when I first saw that headline — it was just the possibility of it and who knows what’s gonna happen, obviously — I was like, “Hang on!” But I think, unfortunately, the ship has sailed for me, but for someone else I would like to see Wolverine in there.”
So it sounds like the dream of having the Jackman Wolverine in the Marvel Cinematic Universe isn’t going to happen. That isn’t that surprising and Jackman coming back would really undercut the emotional gut punch of Logan.
Summary: Inspired by the imagination of P.T. Barnum, The Greatest Showman is an original musical that celebrates the birth of show business and tells of a visionary who rose from nothing to create a spectacle that became a worldwide sensation.
The Greatest Showman, directed by Michael Gracey, stars Hugh Jackman, Zendaya, Rebecca Ferguson, Zac Efron, and Michelle Williams. It will be released on December 20th.
- P.T. Made With PS1 Graphics Is Still Frightening
- The Greatest Showman Review: Hugh Jackman as P. T. Barnum, It's The Better La La Land
- CinemaCon Sony Presentation Live Blog - April 23, 2018
- Joe Russo Gave Tom Holland a Fake Avengers: Infinity War Script - April 19, 2018
- Colin Trevorrow Says Jurassic World 3 Will Be a “Science Thriller” like Jurassic Park - April 18, 2018
- Brad Bird Explains Why There Is No Time Jump in Incredibles 2 - April 18, 2018
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The New Direction While Remaining True to the Universe - April 18, 2018