Hoopla is a web and mobile iOS/Android platform that provides a wide range of digital content including audio books, movies, music, ebooks, comics, and TV that allows USA-resident library members to download or stream media content free of charge, and paid for by their local library system. It launched in 2013 as a digital offshoot of Midwest Tape, a company that had been distributing audio books and music CDs to public libraries for decades.
Basically, free comics, and more, wherever.
As of this morning, Bleeding Cool readers have informed us that Hoopla has now added Marvel comic books to their offering. Over 250 in number, including Thor, Hulk, Black Panther, X-Men, and Civil War titles, joining over 13,000 other titles, including The Walking Dead, Assassins’s Creed, and Doctor Who.
The service is available for members of over 1600 libraries in the US, including Boston Public Library, Free Library of Philadelphia, Chicago Public Library, San Francisco Public Library, Los Angeles Public Library, and Edmonton Public Library, with strict lending limits.
Have you joined your participating local library yet?
- Patrick Zircher Talks About His Trials With Editors - December 15, 2018
- New Ms Marvel Writer Seeks Mistakes Men Make When Writing About Teenage Girls - December 15, 2018
- ‘Neal Adams Is Full Of Crap’ – Roy Thomas Refutes Claims About the Kree/Skrull War - December 15, 2018
- Victoria McNally, Valiant’s Senior Marketing & Communications Manager, Also Out - December 15, 2018
- How The Graphic Novel Sale is Looking at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet - December 15, 2018