Rainbow Six: Siege has turned into quite a success story. When the game came out, it didn’t land to rave reviews or sales, but contrary to how AAA publishers usually act, Ubisoft decided to stick with the title and continued support. Now the game now has a fairly big and dedicated community.
To illustrate that fact, Ubisoft has today announced that the game had surpassed 25 million registered players. This statement comes alongside the launch of the new DLC Operation White Noise which adds three new characters to the game.
Now the number doesn’t necessarily mean a lot as it doesn’t reveal anything about the current health of the game, but rather that the game just has 25 million players who played it at some point. Having said that, anecdotally, it seems there is most certainly a lot of players still having fun with the title meaning finding matches is still pretty fast. Long may it live and get continued support.
- Adventure Time is Getting an Open World Pirate Game Early Next Year - December 15, 2017
- Burnout Paradise Looks Like it’s Coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch - December 15, 2017
- Oxenfree Developer’s Next Game Tasks You With Out Drinking the Devil - December 14, 2017
- The Paris Level of Hitman Is Going to Be Free to Try Over the Holidays - December 14, 2017
- Xbox Party Chat on Your Phone Will Soon Be Beta Tested - December 14, 2017