Back in November, shocking reports revealed that Disney had been negotiating to purchase rival Fox, potentially bringing the Marvel characters from the X-Men and the Fantastic Four to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The addition of the popular characters to the fan-favorite movie universe, as we can all agree, would be a thrill for moviegoers obviously far outweighing the disturbingly increasing power of Disney’s monopoly on intellectual property. However, reports soon after claimed that the deal was dead and Disney wouldn’t be buying Fox, and Rob Liefeld thought it was a bad idea.
Bleeding Cool speculated that the more likely scenario was that the companies did still want to do the deal, and one of them had leaked the story to put pressure on the other to gain some sort of advantage.
Now, a new report from the Wall Street Journal says that negotiations are back on. Furthermore, the report claims that Fox, which is courting other suitors like Comcast as well, wants to make a decision by the end of the year. According to an additional report from Variety, the deal could be worth almost $50 billion. If a deal goes through, it would leave the Murdoch family with Fox’s news and sports assets, while Disney would take control of everything else. The Murdochs also own the Wall Street Journal, where this latest report originates.
- Steven Universe: The Movie is Coming Soon – Watch the Teaser - July 21, 2018
- Marvel Launches New Digital Series for Daughters of the Dragon, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist - July 21, 2018
- BOOM! Studios to Continue Adventure Time After Cartoon Ends with Season 11 Comic Book - July 21, 2018
- Guardians of the Galaxy Star Dave Bautista Defends James Gunn: “I’m NOT Okay with What’s Happening to Him” - July 21, 2018
- Did Warner Bros. Announce the Zack Snyder Cut of Justice League at their SDCC Hall H Panel? - July 21, 2018