There has been a little bit of noise surrounding Death Stranding going into the Game Awards. The game has obviously shown at the ceremony before with Hideo Kojima and host Geoff Keighley seemingly having a good relationship. To support that, there have been several other unverified rumours floating around that we may well see something come Thursday.
Well, this most certainly is going to add to that speculation. Director Guillermo Del Toro will be at the awards presenting something, be that an award or footage of, say, a hotly anticipated video game from Kojima Productions, it isn’t clear yet. Del Toro and Kojima famously were working together on Silent Hills before that fell through. However tying straight into Death Stranding itself, Del Toro appeared in the last trailer for the game, hence why this news might mean something more than just Del Toro showing up.
— Geoff Keighley (@geoffkeighley) December 2, 2017
Of course, Del Toro is also a noted video game enthusiast so maybe this is just innocuous and he wants to support the show. We will have to see when the show commences on December 7.
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Developer Wants Better IP Protection from Copycats - December 15, 2017
- Company of Heroes 2 Is Free on Humble Bundle Until Tomorrow - December 15, 2017
- Rift Developer Pulls $100 Loot Box After Fan Backlash - December 15, 2017
- Team Ninja is Making an Announcement This Weekend, Stoking Dead or Alive 6 Fires - December 15, 2017
- Destiny 2’s Holiday Event, the Dawning, Starts Next Week - December 15, 2017