There has been a little bit of noise surrounding Death Stranding going into the Game Awards. The game has obviously shown at the ceremony before with Hideo Kojima and host Geoff Keighley seemingly having a good relationship. To support that, there have been several other unverified rumours floating around that we may well see something come Thursday.
Well, this most certainly is going to add to that speculation. Director Guillermo Del Toro will be at the awards presenting something, be that an award or footage of, say, a hotly anticipated video game from Kojima Productions, it isn’t clear yet. Del Toro and Kojima famously were working together on Silent Hills before that fell through. However tying straight into Death Stranding itself, Del Toro appeared in the last trailer for the game, hence why this news might mean something more than just Del Toro showing up.
— Geoff Keighley (@geoffkeighley) December 2, 2017
Of course, Del Toro is also a noted video game enthusiast so maybe this is just innocuous and he wants to support the show. We will have to see when the show commences on December 7.
- Microsoft Control Whether Alan Wake and Quantum Break Get Sequels Says Remedy - July 18, 2018
- Base Game and Previous Expansions Now Part of World of Warcraft’s Subscription - July 18, 2018
- Destiny 2 Adds Bounties Back into the Game Alongside Other Improvements in New Patch - July 18, 2018
- Leak Claims Dragon Ball FighterZ is Adding Base Goku and Vegeta as DLC in August - July 18, 2018
- No Man’s Sky NEXT Update Gets a Brand-New Trailer - July 17, 2018