There has been a little bit of noise surrounding Death Stranding going into the Game Awards. The game has obviously shown at the ceremony before with Hideo Kojima and host Geoff Keighley seemingly having a good relationship. To support that, there have been several other unverified rumours floating around that we may well see something come Thursday.
Well, this most certainly is going to add to that speculation. Director Guillermo Del Toro will be at the awards presenting something, be that an award or footage of, say, a hotly anticipated video game from Kojima Productions, it isn’t clear yet. Del Toro and Kojima famously were working together on Silent Hills before that fell through. However tying straight into Death Stranding itself, Del Toro appeared in the last trailer for the game, hence why this news might mean something more than just Del Toro showing up.
— Geoff Keighley (@geoffkeighley) December 2, 2017
Of course, Del Toro is also a noted video game enthusiast so maybe this is just innocuous and he wants to support the show. We will have to see when the show commences on December 7.
- PUBG is Getting Fortnite-Like Events That Will Consistently Change - March 22, 2018
- Overwatch’s Reaper and Mei Next In-Line for Buffs - March 22, 2018
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Outsold the Original’s Life-Time Revenue in 2 Weeks - March 22, 2018
- Ark: Survival Evolved Announced For Nintendo Switch - March 22, 2018
- Hitman’s Sapienza Level is Yours to Keep for Free if You Pick it Up Before April 3rd - March 21, 2018