One of the big segments from last year’s Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD was when the team went into the Framework thanks to Aida/Madam Hydra (Mallory Jansen). It was a completely rewritten world where HYDRA was in charge and characters like Coulson (Clark Gregg) was just a school teacher and May (Ming-Na Wen) was an Agent of HYDRA. It was a pretty messed-up world, but the team finally got out of it at the end of the season — only to be captured by an unknown group. We then see Coulson ending up in space.
With the sudden shift and the team ending up in space — and according to the first 17-minute sneak peek, without Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) — a question comes up. Are they really out of the Framework? Part of the reality Aida made was so she and Fitz could be together. In that world, he loved her as much as he loves Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge) in the real world. Maybe this is just some next-level programming stuff?
Well, according to Natalie Abrams over at EW.com, she says this is definitely not them in the Framework — they are indeed in space. However, “the Framework will come back into play in a very surprising (and revealing) way soon.” Does that mean we’re going to get more of Aida, too?
Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD season 5 airs its two-hour premiere this Friday, December 1st at 8 p.m. ET.
- Punisher Gets an Awesome Looking New Mondo Poster by Jock
- Arrow Season 7: Which Version of Roy Harper are We Getting? - May 24, 2018
- Read Warlords of Mars #1 with the J. Scott Campbell Cover that Inspired the Dejah Thoris Statue - May 24, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD: What is the Final Fate of Graviton - May 24, 2018
- Arrow Season 7: The Threat From Ricardo Diaz May Be Far From Over - May 24, 2018
- The Flash Season 5: How Will Iris and Barry Deal with the Mysterious Girl - May 24, 2018