David S. Goyer, the man who wrote Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman, is in talks to direct the upcoming He-Man movie. Goyer, who once called the Marvel Comics character She-Hulk a “big green porn star” also wrote the latest draft of the script, according to a report from THR. On the same podcast as the She-Hulk comments, Goyer additionally said that any fans who know who DC Comics character The Martian Manhunter is are virgins.
A He-Man reboot has been in the works for some time, at first with director John Woo attached, and later directors John Stevenson and even later Jon M. Chu. Goyer, who also contributed writing to the Dark Knight trilogy and the Blade trilogy, was originally positioned as one of the architects of the DCEU, only to be seemingly pushed out in favor of Zack Snyder, who was later pushed out of Justice League in favor of Joss Whedon.
For the record, here’s how Goyer said he would add Martian Manhunter to the DCEU:
I would set it up like The Day After Tomorrow. We discover one of those Earth-like planets… So maybe like… we get the DNA code from that planet and then grow him in a petri dish here… He’s like in Area 51 or something and we’re just basically… doing biopsies on him. Then he gets out and he’s really angry and he f***s She-Hulk.
Maybe we should just watch the 1987 classic Masters of the Universe instead.
- Silk Swings Into Sideshow Collectibles Mark Brooks Line
- Trying To Find Justice With Toys: We Review The Justice League Film Action Figures
- Captain Lars Stars in “Epic, Mind-Bending Adventure” for February’s Steven Universe #25 - November 20, 2018
- 2 Covers for Buffy the Vampire Slayer #1 and #2 by Jen Bartel and Ryan Inzana - November 20, 2018
- Because U Demanded It: David Manak and Warren Kremer’s Ewoks Collected in February - November 20, 2018
- Chris Claremont’s Early Iron Fist Work Collected in Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Complete Collection - November 20, 2018
- Cyclops and Wolverine Rebuild the X-Men in February, Starting With Another 8 Dollar Issue - November 20, 2018