Deus Ex Isn’t Dead Says Square Enix CEO With Talks Already Had About The Next Game

Posted by November 28, 2017 Comment

After Deus Ex: Mankind Divided hit last year to disappointing sales, it was reported that the series was taking a “hiatus”. This seemed like an uncertain death knell for the series, and many worried that the franchise as it had been seen in its previous forms might have been over.

Well, worry no longer, as it seems the Square Enix still have plans for the franchise. Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz, CEO Yosuke Matsuda says that the rumours about the franchise’s break were overstated. He said:

We have never said anything about discontinuing that title but for some reason that’s the rumour out on the market

More than that, he even said the next game in the franchise was currently being worked on, although it seems very early days.

We are already internally discussing and exploring what we want do with the next instalment of it.

It’s not all sunshine and daisies though, as he did also offer a sobering and realistic message about Eidos Montreal waiting their turn for resources.

What I can say is Eidos Montreal has always developed Deus Ex, and the issue is we do not have limitless resources. We have several big titles that we work with and that’s partly a factor in what our line-up looks like. Of course, it would be ideal if we could work on all of them all of the time, but the fact of the matter is some titles have to wait their turn.

This is good news. I thoroughly enjoyed Mankind Divided and a closure of the franchise felt incredibly short-sighted. I hope when Deus Ex‘s turn comes around on the Square Enix rotation, we see Adam Jensen back and a closure of the modern trilogy.

(Last Updated November 28, 2017 7:09 am )

Related Posts

None found