Blizzard released some new information on Hearthstone’s latest expansion, and they’re looking to show it off in style. “Kobolds & Catacombs” will be released on December 7th in North America and December 8th in Europe. To help present this new expansion, Geek & Sundry’s show Critical Role will be holding a livestream on Twitch, this Thursday (November 30th) at 7pm PST, featuring Matthew Mercer and the crew doing a special campaign to show off the new additions. Below are some of the details of the expansion, including the cost and what Kobolds & Catacombs entails.
- Dungeon Runs, the free single player content for this expansion that is roguelike and replayable. This mode features 48 different possible encounters.
• 135 new cards
• A new Keyword: Recruit
• New card types: Spellstones and Unidentified Items
- A Legendary Weapon for each of the nine classes
• A random Legendary Weapon card and 3 Kobolds & Catacombs card packs free, just for logging in after release.
• Three sequential one-time Dungeon Run quests that each award one Kobolds & Catacombs card pack, for a total of 3 more Kobolds & Catacombs card packs.
Pre-Purchase Kobolds & Catacombs
Fill your bag with 50 Kobolds & Catacombs card packs for $49.99 USD. Pre-purchase now to also add the gleaming FOR THE HOARD card back to your collection. Players will receive their FOR THE HOARD card back and packs as soon as their purchase is processed, and can break the seal on their card packs once Kobolds & Catacombs goes live.