Sword of Ages, the new five-issue miniseries from Locke and Key co-creator Gabriel Rodriguez, has gotten a launch trailer from IDW. THR had the EXCLUSIVE reveal, and will continue to rake in the sweet, sweet views via the embedded video at the bottom of this article.
Hitting stores on Wednesday, Sword of Ages is basically Arthurian legend… IN SPAAAAAAAAAACE!!! The book is Rodriguez’s debut as a solo creator. Here’s the description of the series:
Sword of Ages presents an all-new vision of the Excalibur myth in the form of an epic, 5-issue space fantasy. The everlasting legend of the Sacred Sword is born through young warrior Avalon’s brutal clashes with rising tyrants in a world of fantastic creatures, ancient civilizations, alien forces, and true magic.
And of the first issue:
A mythic origin story you never expected to see! This winter, the Sword will be drawn for the first time ever, courtesy of writer/artist/Locke & Key co-creator Gabriel Rodriguez in a five-issue miniseries adventure of epic proportions! A young woman will become the first wielder of the most famous sacred weapon of all time to champion for her world’s survival, inspiring a legion of heroes to join her struggle against a merciless alien force. The line between science fiction and magic might get fuzzy, but the line between heroes and villains will be drawn in blood.
- Get Your First Look at The Great Wiz and the Ruckus Middle-Grade OGN - October 18, 2018
- Uncanny X-Men #1: A New Preview, and Writers’ Finals Words - October 18, 2018
- Earn Your Preview Badge With This First Look at Black Badge #4 - October 18, 2018
- Marvel Gives Dave Cockrum a Wraparound, Plus More Uncanny X-Men #1 Ch-Ch-Changes - October 18, 2018
- Unwrap Rugrats: C is for Chanukah Holiday Special By Reading This Preview - October 18, 2018