Sword of Ages, the new five-issue miniseries from Locke and Key co-creator Gabriel Rodriguez, has gotten a launch trailer from IDW. THR had the EXCLUSIVE reveal, and will continue to rake in the sweet, sweet views via the embedded video at the bottom of this article.
Hitting stores on Wednesday, Sword of Ages is basically Arthurian legend… IN SPAAAAAAAAAACE!!! The book is Rodriguez’s debut as a solo creator. Here’s the description of the series:
Sword of Ages presents an all-new vision of the Excalibur myth in the form of an epic, 5-issue space fantasy. The everlasting legend of the Sacred Sword is born through young warrior Avalon’s brutal clashes with rising tyrants in a world of fantastic creatures, ancient civilizations, alien forces, and true magic.
And of the first issue:
A mythic origin story you never expected to see! This winter, the Sword will be drawn for the first time ever, courtesy of writer/artist/Locke & Key co-creator Gabriel Rodriguez in a five-issue miniseries adventure of epic proportions! A young woman will become the first wielder of the most famous sacred weapon of all time to champion for her world’s survival, inspiring a legion of heroes to join her struggle against a merciless alien force. The line between science fiction and magic might get fuzzy, but the line between heroes and villains will be drawn in blood.
- New Comic Publisher TKO Launches With Big Name Creators and Revolutionary Ambitions - December 10, 2018
- Barnes & Noble Gets a Retailer-Exclusive Edition of Mister Miracle - December 10, 2018
- Cyclops Goes Old School in #XMenMonday Sneak Peeks - December 10, 2018
- Another Year of Rick and Morty Presents One-Shots on the Way from Oni Press - December 10, 2018
- Best-Selling Author Gaby Dunn Makes Comics Debut with Claire Roe in Bury the Lede OGN - December 10, 2018