Suicide Squad director David Ayer took to Twitter over the weekend to shoot down pressing rumors about the 2016 film. Asked about a Hot Toys action figure that depicting Jared Leto‘s Joker in a Batman suit, an officially licensed toy tying into the movie, Ayer said that the design was only ever a toy concept and that no costume was ever produced for the film.
This was only a toy concept. No wardrobe like this was created. https://t.co/L0PUAK47Yp
— David Ayer (@DavidAyerMovies) November 26, 2017
Ayer doesn’t know what he missed out on. “What if Batman was the Joker?” is a perfect Mark Millar comic book/movie pitch.
Maybe Ayer will change his mind by the time Suicide Squad 2 rolls around and consider putting Leto in the batsuit at that time. Or maybe, with Ben Affleck looking for a way to exit the DCEU after the disappointing box office of Justice League, Leto could take over the role officially, leaving the Joker role open for Leonardo DiCaprio, and giving new meaning to the phrase “shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic.”
- Everything You Knew About Secret Empire Was Wrong - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About What Wolverine Was Best At Was Wrong - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About Uncle Ben’s Death Was Wrong - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About Daredevil’s Cancellation Was Wrong - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About Iceman Coming Out Was Wrong? - December 11, 2018